Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
my kenwood max vol is 32 if i try to turn it up again past that it cuts off, thats only with the engine off though, any suggestions dave?

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Booger:
Steeda basicly covered what I was going to say, its a Sony.

Yeah, your setup is alot better man!

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Double check your power and ground connections. You may even want to try changing the location of the ground if you can't get it working. Worth a try anyways.

Joel Falkenberg
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Okay I got it working BUT...this HU sucks asssssssss!!!

It can't even balance out the bass between my in car speakers and my sub...if I turn the bass up to get more power outta my sub the damn interior speakers sound like they are about to blow!

I really just wish I would've left in my Jensen, now I think my front speakers are actually blown and I never even turned up the bass, treble, or volume to full blast

I'm pretty sure when your speakers suddenly go staticy and start to smell that something went bad...hopefully the speaker blowing bass just disconnected them from the speaker wiring and the smell was just my imagination.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Are you running stock speakers? Does the sony deck have a sub-out? The headunit probably just has more power then the jensen so you are overdriving your speakers when you turn up the bass.

Joel Falkenberg
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Quote:

I never even turned up the bass, treble, or volume to full blast

You dont have to turn things all the way up to get distortion.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
no I don't have stock speakers, I'm running some Kicker DX57's & 3/8" tweeters in the front and stockers in the back.

the cd player is only 45x4 watts so I really doubt that it is powerful enough to do anything to my speakers...its not like the L250 is a powerful new Sony HU, it doesn't even have a detachable face.

the thing is I was playing with the controls, trying to even out the distortion and make it sound clear...then all of a sudden, instant static from my front speakers.

My Jensen evened out the sound so much better though, it just wasn't as loud...but the SQ was way better IMO.

Its just kind of funny that everything I touch seems to break

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
What level is the decks volume on when it starts to distort?

Joel Falkenberg
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
no I don't have stock speakers, I'm running some Kicker DX57's & 3/8" tweeters in the front and stockers in the back.

the cd player is only 45x4 watts so I really doubt that it is powerful enough to do anything to my speakers...

Aftermarket speakers will still distort, and the little amp in your head unit can still be overdriven and clip, causing distortion. Having to little power can be just as bad (or worse) as having way too much.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Thats why its best to get a hu with a seperate control for subwoofers and a seperate control for interior bass. Sony relies on its name for customers.

2001 BMW 325i Sport, Stickshift '96 Mercury Mystique V6 *TOTALLED* For sale: Alpine CDA-9811 Eclipse Amplifier Pioneer Tweeters
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard