R
or fit the escape awd to it

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by NJ Animal Man:
dumb ideas? Like that non-operational hood scoop you bought on ebay?

Heheh! Buy a Stang and save yourself the effort.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
or fit the escape awd to it

Now that is interesting. A Contour you can take off-roading. Maybe not far offroad, but still

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Bullet:
A Contour you can take off-roading. Maybe not far offroad, but still

[joke] Sound familiar russell???[/joke]

anyways...i didnt know mondeos had a awd version..is it for estates only or available for every model??

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by POP22:
Just thinking out loud here..... Has anyone thought of converting our beloved Tour'to rear wheel drive, sort of like what they did with the Focus??????

More or less daydreaming here, I haven't even started taking measurements yet...engine compartment, rear end, etc.... Thinking somewher along the lines of a 5.0/auto. Who knows I might just get a bug up my ass someday and try this.

Like I said, just thinking out loud...

Actually, if I was totally rich, I always had wanted to widen my Contour by 8-10 inches right at the middle of the chassis. Think of how impractical THAT would be! But it sure would look cool I think

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
its not so much a stupid idea as it is an impracticle one. i was just tonight discussing this same idea with my mechanic and we came to a few conclusions:
-it would be very cool
-it would require alot of custom fabrication
-most of the parts are readily available
-if the focus can take the 5.0 so can we
-it is always possible when you are told it cannot be
-whether or not it is a good idea can be debated
-it is not logical so you will have to want to be different
the hot rodder in me agrees with you. in a number of years when i have the money and time i may just have to try this. hmmmmm.....a heads up comparo between my csvt and the 5.0 rwd tour.....i like it already.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Well if a mechanic says it's possible....

CEG should have a collection. Then have a lottery type system to decide who's 'tour receives the 5.0 AWD setup. The more important you are on CEG, the more tickets you get for the lottery. Can't go by post count though, because the people with the most posts tend to offer nothing to the forums.

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
That'd be pretty sweet, a Contour that could rally race. Imagine the look on your local WRX guys faces, bwahahaha...

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by NJ Animal Man:
Well if a mechanic says it's possible....

CEG should have a collection. Then have a lottery type system to decide who's 'tour receives the 5.0 AWD setup. The more important you are on CEG, the more tickets you get for the lottery. Can't go by post count though, because the people with the most posts tend to offer nothing to the forums.

P
POP22 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P

Heheh! Buy a Stang and save yourself the effort.

I already have one. Heheh!!!

98 Contour SE, Zetec Powered, ATX Silverstars, Ghetto caps
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard