Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Booger Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Ok, so my fuel pump has been acting up for a while now and I've been getting around to replace it, but Sunday the "Contour Enthusiast Light" (best quote ever) came on and the car barely run. AutoZone checked it and gave me the P0190 code above, I think the pump took out a sensor, I may have to replace that if the pump ain't the fix. Usually it has just not wanted to rev past 4K under about 1/2 tank and but now it just won't run well at all for any length of time and has almost no power. I managed to make it from Michigan to West Virginia to visit my folks like I had planned, and I'm going to fix it while I'm here and have all the tools and such. My dad and I ran all over town looking for the pump and can only get it from FoMoCo. The price is just under $250 for the assembly, ouch. I've read other threads on this code and didn't see any definate answer to the solution. I'm just posting to maybe add some more informaton to the subject. My 'Tour is a '99 SE Sport 2.5L MTX and currently 43K on the clock. I considered the FSVT pump upgrade but didn't find any conclusive evidence that it is an easy mod and couldn't compare the two before purchase. I think the extra pressure may harm other fuel components from what I read in the other threads on my code. I'll update later this week when the part comes in and we tear into the tank.

B
Booger Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Changed the pump today and the car runs much better, even at half tank I can easily pull full throttle. No CEL now. It still has to over come the learning curve after the computer reset but I've already run it around town and did the start procedure to reset the computer from what I read in my Haynes. Hope this thread helps some in the future. YAY, MY RIGHT FOOT IS HAPPY AGAIN!!!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard