Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I have an unused neon that I thought I'd never use. I was looking in the mods section this afternoon and got bored, and I saw the rear domelight mod. The two just mixed together and I came up with this neon idea.

I'll have this 15'' neon mounted at the top of my rear window, but, I have a problem. My car has a moonroof, and I cannot for the life of me get it's wires to the front light fixture!

How can I remove the upper lining so that I can do this simple mod? I already have the back two mushroom tabs off. Thanks everyone, in advance.

Bill

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
too fast... too furious!!!

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
droping the top liner, all you have to do is well yes remove the mushrooms. Or fords famous "plastic clips" and then remove your sunvisors take them all the way down. then take your O'Sh*t handles down all the way and your linner should not fall all the way because of your sun roof but it should give you enoph room to get those wires through there. then just reverse the prosess

Players club JVC Arcinal HU 2 12in punch he 600 watt punch amp 7 inch wide screen flip down PS2 in glove box
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
too fast... too furious!!!

Never in a million years would I fall to Rice Standards

..Simply a show mod for my go mods

Thanks for the info, Firewalker, it's gonna go to good use

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Pulling the liner down is typically a pain (unless it is magically easier in the Contour for some reason). I personally wouldn't mess with that. A better approach might be to extend the power cord (pretty much any kind of wire will work....probably want to use 16awg or 18awg) and just run it down the side of the car (hiding it behind the plastic molding pieces and then running it under the trim pieces on the floor).

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard