Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
i got a 4cyl and i just put a v6 cluster in w/ a tach so i could put my new gauges on. im assuming its measuring for 6cyl instead of 4cyl... cause it shifts @ 3k rpm.... if not i might have spun the needle one way on accident when putting on the gauges.. so does it only read for v6 or did i move the needle around one time on accident? thanks...

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
afaik its counting sparks to 1...so youre shifting at 2k

97 mondeo st24 rsa pack
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
i've never known for a v6 tach to work on a zetec

i think u'd be better off getting a 4 cylinder tach for your year...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
i've never known for a v6 tach to work on a zetec

i think u'd be better off getting a 4 cylinder tach for your year...

the V6 one will work fine on a 4 cylinder.

his problem is casue the 99 and newer don't come with the tach wire already there from the ECU.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Yes, should work just fine. Electrical speedometers feed off of the ECU. The "V6 speedo" (if you will) will automatically read your "zetec computer". "Electrically wise", the V6 speedo and the Zetec "sport" speedo are the same. There are only the cosmetic differences (V6 above tach needle and little "4" below the tach needle) and some "option" differences (e.g.-traction control, etc.). I wouldn't know all of this if I didn't have a long and drawn-out conversation with a speedometer shop technician. HTH Josh.

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, FULLY LOADED Old car- 99 SE Sport ATX w/ SVT body kit (for sale...asking $4,200 OBO), nicely modded, high-flow exhaust y-pipe back and KKM. 95K, but 95% are interstate highway miles back and forth to college everyday.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
My guess would be you spun the needle and "messed" it up a bit. I'm not sure of the "proper" shift points, so I can't help you out there. If you know where it should be shifting, you can play with the needle until you have it where you want it. I did that with mine when I installed my first white-faced BNM gauges back in 2001. It took a 1/2 hour or so, but I got it near perfect.

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, FULLY LOADED Old car- 99 SE Sport ATX w/ SVT body kit (for sale...asking $4,200 OBO), nicely modded, high-flow exhaust y-pipe back and KKM. 95K, but 95% are interstate highway miles back and forth to college everyday.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by rob:
Yes, should work just fine. Electrical speedometers feed off of the ECU. The "V6 speedo" (if you will) will automatically read your "zetec computer". "Electrically wise", the V6 speedo and the Zetec "sport" speedo are the same. There are only the cosmetic differences (V6 above tach needle and little "4" below the tach needle) and some "option" differences (e.g.-traction control, etc.). I wouldn't know all of this if I didn't have a long and drawn-out conversation with a speedometer shop technician. HTH Josh.

Thanks Rob... tired winding it back once but it still reads the same no matter what... i think im gonna end up selling the tour in a little bit anyways... WAYYY too many problems with the car.

btw Rob, i still never put those side skirts on cause i never found brackets i called ford the other day and they said like $7 a piece for the large ones and like $15 a piece for the meduim sized ones... thats a shitload of cash! so i think im gonna end up selling those that sux cause i really wanted to put them on my car....

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard