Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
this is admittedly a long shot, but are any of y'all out there employees of nissan north america?

i'm looking into selling my jeep and miata and buying a new '04 infiniti G35 coupe (6mt), and i've been looking into the VPP (vehicle purchase program) options offered through NNA (nissan north america). there's a huge list of affiliate companies, but of course the relatively small architecture firm where i work isn't one of them. my uncle works for an affiliate entity, but apparently the friends-and-family option is only extended to NNA employees and not affiliate employees - basically, you can be related to a NNA employee and get the discount but you have to be the employee of an affiliate company and not just a friend or family member.

basically, it's similar to the A/Z/S/X-plan pricing w/ ford...and so i'm wondering if anyone here is an employee of NNA and might be able to hook me up w/ a spare friend-and-family VPP code.

as i said - it's a long shot, but you never know till you ask, right?

thanks...

blake --former CSVT owner-- MINE: 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 - stone white/taupe HERS: 2005 acura TL 5AT non-navi - satin silver/quartz GARAGE ORNAMENT: 1962 chevy C10 fleetside pickup - tan/rust
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Ahhh yes! Fraud! Gotta love it!

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by t-red2000se:
Ahhh yes! Fraud! Gotta love it!

fraud? where the crap did that come from?

nissan employees are entitled to extend their VPP purchase priveleges to friends and family. if there is such an employee on this forum who does not plan on using their own opportunity to purchase a nissan or infiniti, and if there is no one in their immediate family or circle of friends intending to do so, and if said person further considers the members of this forum to be friends, who's to say they wouldn't be willing to extend this offer to me?

i'm not trying to "beat the system", for crying out loud.

if it bothers your ethic sensibilities that much that there might be a person on these forums willing to extend their 'friend' designation to someone like me, i can't help that. i personally don't see anything even *remotely* fraudulent about asking the question. i'll be happy to delete the post if the majority agrees with you, but i personally think you're making an absurd statement.

thanks for your concern, though....

blake --former CSVT owner-- MINE: 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 - stone white/taupe HERS: 2005 acura TL 5AT non-navi - satin silver/quartz GARAGE ORNAMENT: 1962 chevy C10 fleetside pickup - tan/rust
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
What about going to a dealership and talking to a salesman about this? I know that's probably an even longer shot thatn what you've already taken, but....? I mean if one of the salesmen isn't using their code, I don't see why they would have any problem letting you use it knowing they're getting comission off of your purchase. Only way I see it being a problem would be if they had restrictions on them and couldn't do something like this, which they probably do. Just a suggestion I guess..

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
that's a thought, but i doubt any salesman would want to pass up the commission on a sale of close to sticker vs. commission on $500 over invoice on a car that pretty much sells itself as soon as it gets off the truck.

there is a dealer in dallas who is currently offering VPP pricing to freshalloy.com members, and i've already talked to them about it. only thing is, they're limiting it to what's in stock - and they don't have what i'm looking for in stock or even on the way anytime soon.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by blake:
that's a thought, but i doubt any salesman would want to pass up the commission on a sale of close to sticker vs. commission on $500 over invoice on a car that pretty much sells itself as soon as it gets off the truck.

there is a dealer in dallas who is currently offering VPP pricing to freshalloy.com members, and i've already talked to them about it. only thing is, they're limiting it to what's in stock - and they don't have what i'm looking for in stock or even on the way anytime soon.

Blake, what type of rates do you get with the plan?

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Antonio:

Blake, what type of rates do you get with the plan?

as in, what sort of discounts does the program give you?

basically, on something like an infiniti G35 coupe, the discount would work out to be something like $3k under MSRP, give or take. there's a convoluted formula to give the actual discount - go here for more info on that. and then go here for the list of affiliate companies - it's a 97-page-long PDF, so there are a *lot* of companies on there!

for the car i was looking at, the deal works out to around $2900 under sticker, i think....not sure what sort of financing rates apply, but i'd assume standard rates as offered through conventional infiniti/nissan financial services or other sources.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
This is great! My company(MCI) is listed!

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B

what can i say, i'm jealous!!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by blake:

what can i say, i'm jealous!!

I'm not. MCI has coporate retardation in spades.

<------ Former MCI employee

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard