Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ok, so i'm a little concerned about the oil pressure. When first starting the car it hovers around 75psi until the engine warms up about 15 mins later or so, then it will hover around 30psi at idle. when cruising down the road, it again hovers around 75psi until you slow down or come to a stop. any slight blip of the throttle and it jumps to around 75psi again. Main question, is it normal to be so high for so long at start up until the oil gets hot??? I mean to tell ya, when I first start er' up and it just shoots up that high, was kind of a scare at first. Just wondering what everyone else is experiencing that has an oil press gauge installed. btw, my sensor is tapped into the back of the engine block where the factory oil press unit is located... Ok, open floor, discuss....

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'm a duratec guy, but:
At idle: My oil pressure is up around 75 when it's cold. It simmers down to about 25psi when it's warm.
Crusing around at 50mph, the oil is ~50psi (when warm).
Sounds like a normal oil pressure range to me.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. With almost 120K on the clock though, just wanted to make sure... knocks on wood... this has been a very stout little engine thus far.

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard