Next Thread
Print Thread
#889555 03/03/04 05:13 PM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Driving down 95 and this tick noise from the bottom of my engine is there...only when I accelerate. I didnt know what it could have been cuz i just changed the oil...and it wasnt that bad. Soon enough I hear this teeth grinding slaping of metal on metal ! I slow down and pull off at an exit...then the car shuts off. Iam like WTF mate...why is my car doing this to me I love my car ! yeah I think i threw my number 6 Rod crank for that number 6 spot is jacked up and I dont even want to think about the damage done to the piston if there is any. And to Top it all off when the AAA guy put my ish on the flat bed he bends my tower bar thingy for my back right tire....now its 55 degrees facing the wheel well. I have been looking for parts online...cuz I dont want to replace my whole engine. So let me know ure take on this situation....what should a brotha do? its a 98 CSVT in need of some HELP !

#889556 03/03/04 05:43 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
At this point, I would be thinking 3L. You should be able to pick up a great motor for $500 to $800. If you're handy, you can save a bunch of money by doing things yourself. The 3L forum is a great source of info on swaps & what is needed.

For a nice overview check out www.buckshotmotorsports.com 3L services & FAQ.

Wait!! There is a group buy proposed for Buckshot PREPPED 3L short blocks in the group buy forum. Check it out!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard