Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#885564 02/28/04 05:34 PM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Today, I went to the Ford dealer where my contour was being worked on, the salesman worked a deal where I didn't have to cover the repair bill and got $4000 for my 99 SE Sport mtx with 67k. I got a 2002 Focus ZX3 with 23k, an extended Ford warranty to 60k, and free dealer services for two years. The ZX3 is pitch black with the zetec/mtx75 combo, and it drives quite nicely. It's a gorgeous little car, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a nice, basic car, and I have fewer worries, as things on my contour were starting to go. The tranny was due for a rebuild, the alternator had gone, and the windshield and front end weren't quite right. It was a great car, and I'll miss it, but frankly, I think I'm better off now.

- Ian in Tampa
99 SE Sport T-Red MTX 67k (retired)
02 Focus ZX3 Pitch Black MTX 23k

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Ian in Tampa:
Today, I went to the Ford dealer where my contour was being worked on, the salesman worked a deal where I didn't have to cover the repair bill and got $4000 for my 99 SE Sport mtx with 67k. I got a 2002 Focus ZX3 with 23k, an extended Ford warranty to 60k, and free dealer services for two years. The ZX3 is pitch black with the zetec/mtx75 combo, and it drives quite nicely. It's a gorgeous little car, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a nice, basic car, and I have fewer worries, as things on my contour were starting to go. The tranny was due for a rebuild, the alternator had gone, and the windshield and front end weren't quite right. It was a great car, and I'll miss it, but frankly, I think I'm better off now.

- Ian in Tampa

ahaha you got ass [censored], they are gonna turn and sell that car for 8000k to 8500, the work they would have to do is nothing compared to how much they would have charged you! They can do all the work for like $1000 bucks easy, (most likely) then turn a huge profit, you got [censored] man. sorry to say.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by auiotour:

- Ian in Tampa

ahaha you got ass [censored], they are gonna turn and sell that car for 8000k to 8500, the work they would have to do is nothing compared to how much they would have charged you! They can do all the work for like $1000 bucks easy, (most likely) then turn a huge profit, you got [censored] man. sorry to say.

Sorry to hear how the Ford dealership raped you...

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
hope you like your new, car, first thing first, get a kit, there are plenty of them out there! and get clear side markers on the front bumper!! they are way better, they are around $30-40 each, or the pair, not sure. We got a set for our familys ford fuckup too. lol

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R

- Ian in Tampa

Have you checked the resale value on Contours lately? $8000, not a chance! The guy makes a big move and you try to make him feel bad about it. Shut up!
Ian, good luck with your new car!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by RT and his SE:

- Ian in Tampa

Have you checked the resale value on Contours lately? $8000, not a chance! The guy makes a big move and you try to make him feel bad about it. Shut up!
Ian, good luck with your new car!

I have seen, people recently sell their 99 se sports, go for 6500 in the paper, and the dealer at that will sell it for way more. I am just saying they screwed you. And its true. Any dealer ship would be selling it for near that price. an auto, no, but manuals are few and far between and they jack you for them.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

they are gonna turn and sell that car for 8000k to 8500,

$8000 for a 99 SE with 100,000 miles on it? What the [censored] are you smoking? You can pick up an E1 SVT with 50-75K for less than 10K at a dealer.

$4000 trade-in for a 'Tour with 100,000 miles is pretty damn good.

When I was shopping for my 6, the highest offer I got on my '97 'Tour with 91,000 miles was $1,000. That was the highest from 4 dealerships. I, of course, kept my car.

If you're deluding yourself into thinking that your 'Tour actually has resale value, you are incredibly mistaken. In the days of 0% financing and huge incentives, the used car market is a bottomless pit. You'd be doing good to get a dealer to even take your 'Tour -- one actually said they wouldn't take mine because they could never sell it.

Too many people trading in their cars on new ones, and not enough people buying the old ones has created a huge glut.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
According to Edmunds, Ian got an very good deal!

They have trade in value here for that car (and I LOADED it with everything except an ATX, and gave it "average" condition due to the need for same repairs).

Trade in $3465
Private Sale $4310
Dealer Retail $5349

If I improve the condition to "clean", which would account for the work being done...

Trade in $3953
Private Sale $4913
Retail $6062

Keep in mind I gave the car every option in the book (leather, CD, moonroof, power seat...) and he still got trade in value if the work was already done.

They gave him $4,000, will do the work, and it looks like they should be able to get about $6,000 for it.

Sounds about right to me. I just hope you took my advice to sit in it for a while to make sure you find it comfortable.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

they are gonna turn and sell that car for 8000k to 8500,

$8000 for a 99 SE with 100,000 miles on it? What the [censored] are you smoking? You can pick up an E1 SVT with 50-75K for less than 10K at a dealer.

$4000 trade-in for a 'Tour with 100,000 miles is pretty damn good.

When I was shopping for my 6, the highest offer I got on my '97 'Tour with 91,000 miles was $1,000. That was the highest from 4 dealerships. I, of course, kept my car.

If you're deluding yourself into thinking that your 'Tour actually has resale value, you are incredibly mistaken. In the days of 0% financing and huge incentives, the used car market is a bottomless pit. You'd be doing good to get a dealer to even take your 'Tour -- one actually said they wouldn't take mine because they could never sell it.

Too many people trading in their cars on new ones, and not enough people buying the old ones has created a huge glut.

the car doesnt have 100k on it, nobody even said that, where'd you come up with that, he sold 99 SE Sport mtx with 67k.

uhh, read again. and they will probably sell the tour for like 7k atleast. obviously if it needs a new engine, or transmision, yea it would go way down. but either way, even if they do $500 worth of work and sell it for uhh 6k, they still [censored] him over 1500!

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ya'll r wrong. LOL 8 grand for SE with 67K is way 2 much, but 4,000 is not the price they are gonna re-sell it for - sure, that's their business, they ain't in the non-for-profit sector. However, even 4 grand is not a bad price at all - I would say that it ain't bad even for a private sale with this kind of mileage. Stop looking into all this consumer crap sources that most of the times got nothing to do with reality. SE with 67K - requiring some repairs - even minor ones - would never ever sell on E-bay. Period. Synopsis: Ian got a fair deal. Stealerships are stealerships, nothing to expect from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard