Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MelC Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Ok - I have a 1999 Countour SE V-6 104,000 miles...
My car felt like it was skipping or stalling at all speeds. My CEL had come on a couple of months ago and I ignored it. It went off. Since my car was driving so badly, I figured it was the 02 sensor. Took it to autozone hoping they could pull up the last code that was on my computer and they could not get anything. So I changed plugs and wires. My car stopped the skipping thing but now it is doing something different.

When my engine revs it makes a whining noise...especially when I take off. The noise corresponds to the revveing of the engine and it kinds sounds like a sick turbo noise. Not sure what it is, kinda scary tho. It will also do it when I am just drivng and press the gas to get up a hill or something.

The SCARIER problem is my tranny.

When I accelerate, my transmission is shifting a bit crazy. It will shift gears, rev up high for a second and shift again and it will shift kind of rough sometimes. Am I about to replace my transmission?

I have a bad feeling about this! I think I am going to make a Dr's appt for my car.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Without seeing/hearing/driving the car, it's hard to diagnose, but assuming you have an ATX, it does sound like the tranny is starting to slip. Your first course of action is to change the fluid ASAP - I mean right NOW! You can do it yourself, drain out 4 quarts, replace with new. Drive for a day or so & do it again to get a substantial amount of fresh fluid in your system.

The fluid change should help if the tranny is not too far gone. If it doesn't help, effect repairs ASAP to prevent a total replacement/rebuild.

Perhaps some more CEGers can chime in with some ideas...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard