Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Just a Quick Reason Why I'm in this Boat:>

My Rack went out so I had a shop replace, got no time anymore to fiddle on my car, get my car back and my radiator (Plastic) Tank on the right is leaking. I figure OK the Shop warned me that there might be a small leak and that it was leaking before I brought it to them (no it wasn't) so they tried patching it with some JB Weld, but they reccomended that I may need another Radiator as the Weld might not hold up long (they were correct there) so I call them to inform them it's dumping alot of coolant, it's no small leak (this reassures me that it wasn't leaking prior to taking it to them) so I need to tow it to my folks place to work on the car, I pull the radiator out and find that the Top Plastic Pivot Mount that is part of the mold of the tank (keeps the tank from moving around) is completely broken after I spend some time removing the remaining JB Weld that was hangin on for deer life (Obvious that it broke as they were jacking the subframe back up and didn't have the Radiator aligned properly). So now I'm Pissed, they LIED to me (there slogin is HONEST & RELIABLE) and though they will replace the radiator, no one has an SVT Radiator and ordering through my friend over at Ford Parts locally it's been on back order for over 2 weeks(Actually we cancelled the order 2 weeks ago because he told me they can use the tank from the SE Radiator and swap it to the SVT one, guess what I find out today they can't so now I'm even more pissed and screwed because 2 weeks have been lost on the order). Friend says he's seen parts take as long as 1-8months. I'm worried with the latter, but any suggestions where I can pick up an SVT Radiator ASAP or sooner then the latter....PLZ HElp....MY POS Talon doesn't work either which leaves me no choice but to use my Wifes Brand New Tundra

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
does it have to be an OE radiator?? also no the SE radiator will not work because it is thinner than that of the SVT and if you were to use it anyway it would have to be off a mtx car so it would not have a tranny cooler in it.

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
If the technician really did break your radiator, raise hell to the service manager!! They can po5 you a radiator, I am a ford line tech, and I see it all the time, if they dont want to help you, I can get you a radiator at a fraction of the price.
Chris

98 contour SVT 03 focus SVT
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanks for the response! Here's the deal, I'm well aware that the SVT and SE Radiator are different (in fact I had a hard time convincing everyone that it was without acutally seeing the radiator), the shop that broke it wanted to take the cheap route out and swap the end tank from a new SE Radiator (which he swore would work) onto the SVT which gave me no choice but to cancel the order on the new SVT replacement which was already on back order for 2weeks, than 2weeks later when I finally get the chance to take the radiator out (didn't trust them touching my car again) they find out they can't find the proper gasket to seal the tank. So I'm seeking help because I've already lost 2 weeks to the order of the radiator from the time I cancelled it till now, that's a total of almost a month, I'm worried this radiator might be on back order for a while (like I mentioned above, my friend @Ford Parts locally has seen parts on back order take as long as 8 months), are there any options out there or does anyone have the insides to a replacement radiator for my SVT in there area that could help me out, I need to get my car on the road....Much ALOHA

Last edited by PXRacing; 02/22/04 08:52 AM.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I got an aftermarket rad with a metal tank instead of the plastic one for one of my former rides that had a turbo. It had an oversided cooling system to cool the blower. Replacement was all copper instead of aluminum.

P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:
I got an aftermarket rad with a metal tank instead of the plastic one for one of my former rides that had a turbo. It had an oversided cooling system to cool the blower. Replacement was all copper instead of aluminum.

Does this radiator slip right in to the factory location or does it require modifications? Does it have the provisions to support the AC Condensor as well as the Fan Unit? And last but not least, Are you offering this to me for sale?

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I don't have a rad for a tour, it was on a Chrysler car, and it is long gone. I got the rad from 4 seasons radiator here in town years ago. It dropped right in the original mounts and got rid of the leaky plastic tank. The gaskets are the main problem. OEM is sometimes not the best. I've been to Hawaii and know things cost a bit more and are harder to find. Was planing on traveling there last November but an illness in the family kept us here.

P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I'm not to concerned about the quality of the OEM part, I've been very satisfied w/SVT's Radiator and considering the extensive amount of racing I've done w/the car in the past I think it's safe to make such a claim. The broken part was due to improper installation. I'd love to just replace w/another SVT radiator and I'm getting it for $240.00 new from my friend over @Ford, problem is the length of time it could take. Except for maybe 3weeks, my car has sat for the whole of 2003 and I'm already chucking away into 2004, I don't want a repeat, plus it sucks paying for a car that you can't drive....I'm hoping someone will see this thread and have what I'm so badly looking for!!

I'll just continue to cross my fingers on this one, Aloha

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard