Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I got this in an Email. What ya think?

Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Bill Gunther
BJK Property Inspections
615 591 6870
bjkbill@home-inspector.com
www.home-inspector.com

2000 Black SVT #1929 of 2150
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Problem being is how do you determine which station is using Exxon/Mobil or Shell? You'd have to actually ask whoever is working there, and no offense, but, most of the people at the stations around here barely know how to operate the pumps.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Urban Legend and would not work anyway

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
This sounds awfully similar to the "by buying gas from this station you're promoting terrorism" chain letters.

Someone really hates Exxon/Mobile!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
how bout PLASMA!

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
If you can find a gas station in your area that sells ethanol, use it. It costs less than $200 to convert a car to run on it. This is the path to terminating our dependence on foreing oil.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A31763-2001Nov14?language=printer

Last edited by nando1856; 02/20/04 11:11 PM.

1998.5 CSVT
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Assuming everyone could determine which gas stations sold Exxon-Mobile gasoline, everyone theoretically could buy their gasoline from other dealers. Assuming they did so, by the law of supply and demand, the increased demand among these other dealers would drive the price of gasoline up.

While the price of gasoline at Exxon-Mobile dealerships might decrease, how would this benefit us if we none of us were buying gasoline from them? When people started buying Exxon-Mobile gasoline again, the increased demand would drive their prices back up and we'd be back where we started.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Here's a better idea. If everyone would start bying sensible vehicles and sensibly-sized vehicles and stop buying SUV's and other vehicles that get less than 15 mpg, the demand for gasoline would plummet and, theoretically at least, the decreased demand would cause a decrease in the price of gas.

As an added benefit, even if the price of gas stayed the same - many Americans would be saving money because they would be consuming less gas.

Now that would work.

Unfortunately, too many Americans are lazy, addle-minded slobs who believe all the advertising hype and make their purchasing decisions based upon the image that automobile commercials and advertisements project.

Lets face it, we all have to pay the price for living in a nation of dolts.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:
Here's a better idea. If everyone would start bying sensible vehicles and sensibly-sized vehicles and stop buying SUV's and other vehicles that get less than 15 mpg,

Uh, my SUV gets 20. Same as my SVT. Damn those Ferrari's and probably my beater 92 S-10.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by 1314:
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:
Here's a better idea. If everyone would start bying sensible vehicles and sensibly-sized vehicles and stop buying SUV's and other vehicles that get less than 15 mpg,

Uh, my SUV gets 20. Same as my SVT. Damn those Ferrari's and probably my beater 92 S-10.

If your SVT gets 20, you drive it too hard.

I only managed to get 20 by driving pedal to the metal in city traffic. Normally it's at least 25mpg. Drive an SUV like that and you might get 10mpg.

And driving a 'regular' car could get you 30mpg easy.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard