Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Gack179 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Can someone tell me how to find the camshaft position sensor on the Duratec V6??

I've got a CEL code P0340, camshaft position sensor circuit fault. In searching through the archives, it looks like it might be an easy job to replace the sensor (and much cheaper that having a shop do it). The Haynes manual has a murky photo of the sensor on the Zetec, but not much clear info for the Duratec. I'm not much of a mechanic, but my dad's more than competent and he couldn't figure out where it is either.

Also, if anyone has replaced it, maybe a little info on the procedure? i.e. what, if anything, needs to be removed in order to access the sensor, etc...

Thanks from a long-time browser, first-time poster

98 SE Sport MTX 93K miles
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
very easy. You're standing in front of your car, looking at the engine. It's on the left side of the block, down a ways. Once you get the replacement part, you'll notice it right away. One or two small bolts in & out, and you're all set.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
G
Gack179 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks. I suppose having the replacement part will help me recognize it -- I should have thought of that!

98 SE Sport MTX 93K miles
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

Seeing is knowing!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by chongo:

Seeing is knowing!

chongo to the rescue again
thanks for all the help dude! i just changed my camshaft position sensor last week. one bolt and less than 3or 4 minutes!

2006 fusion sel 1998 grand prix gtp(wife) 1993 dodge shadow es(winter beater)
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Wondering what prompted you to check for codes, drivability or CEL?
Paul

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard