Next Thread
Print Thread
#873092 02/15/04 03:57 PM
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Well, some of you know my Contour was totaled back in early January. I owed about $7,500 on the car, and the insurance company paid $7,250. Then the dealership that I just bought my new car from is paying off the rest of my balance. (How nice of them). This balance is not paid yet, we are waiting for the check from the insurance company still.

Today we got a letter in the mail from the bank that my previous loan (for the Contour) was through. They said that because I had bought a warranty on my Contour, I will get a refund.

Today when I looked at the paperwork from buying my Contour, we payed $1,350 for the warranty.

So does anyone know, is just about what I will get back? We didn't pay for the warranty up front, it was rolled into the payments. I'm kinda confused about how this works I guess.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's okay. I probably have no clue what I am talking about...lol

Thanks,

~ Kari ~

Silver Frost 2000 Ford Contour SE Sport V6 Automatic 61,400 Miles
#873093 02/15/04 08:03 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Which extended warranty do you have?

The Ford ESP provides for a pro rate refund for the unused portion if you cancel the policy. The finance department of any dealership should be able to help you with the paperwork.

If it is a non Ford extended warranty you will need to find out which company it is and either find your contract or contact them to see how to apply for a partial refund.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
#873094 02/15/04 10:37 PM
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Thanks for the reply

I found my warranty contract. I do not have the Ford ESP plan, as I bought my Contour from a Pontiac dealership. But the contract says it is from Universal Underwriters Service Corporation.

We paid $1,350 for the warranty on the car, and the car got totaled out after not even two months of owner ship.

So I should get *most* of that money back, right?

Silver Frost 2000 Ford Contour SE Sport V6 Automatic 61,400 Miles

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard