Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#868032 02/11/04 08:52 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Threat:
but ya know...everyone puts down the kkm yet, i still see alot of people having on in ther sig. so obviously it cant be that bad. And have u ever had the kkm JonnySVT? because if u did not, its not fair for u too put it down.

Oh and Threat....JohnnySVT would not have posted with out researching this topic himself....unfortunatly, i was unlucky and did my research after i bought mine...so i chucked the filter for the RU-3530....Perfect size and airflow demsnsions for a NA car.

Also, how fiar is it for you to make a judgement on the quality of the KKM by just peoples sigs???? Have you ever had one??? its a 2 way street my friend...and you just ate your words by giving an uneducated answer:

Quote:

but ya know...everyone puts down the kkm yet, i still see alot of people having on in ther sig. so obviously it cant be that bad.

So by YOUR OWN WORD DEFINITION its not fair for you to say that it is a good filter merly by saying a lot of people in there sig have it....

Just thought i should point out the problems with your previous paragraph.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#868033 02/11/04 08:53 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by mstermike:
Thanks guys.

No problem Mike...if you have any questions that you can't find the answers to, PM me and i will give you my e-mail so you can contact me directly.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#868034 02/11/04 12:26 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
KKM was one of the first on the market and sold bunches.

Many cars have been sold now and the new owners kept those systems.

Even when people install a different filter on KKM's MAF adaptor they still call it a KKM intake.

My 2 cents.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
#868035 02/12/04 06:19 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Marky:

Even when people install a different filter on KKM's MAF adaptor they still call it a KKM intake.

They also still have the best MAF adapter too IMO.

Thick aluminum base with plenty of meat for porting. Takes a 3.5" to 3.75" flanged filter from the get go.

Be nice if they sold that seperately???

To bad the accompanying inverse coned filter design is substandard though.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
#868036 02/12/04 07:21 PM
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
duely noted my friend. but it all boils down too personal preference and IMO's . u know? nobody can say what is better than something else if they never tried right? and just so ya know, i have a kkm working awesome. but due too people's feedback and my own RESEARCH i made sure i would have a great intake even if the kkm fails ,cause i have a K&N on standby if it does fail well then...

98 CSVT dual flowmasters sound nice
#868037 02/12/04 09:41 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Threat:
duely noted my friend. but it all boils down too personal preference and IMO's . u know? nobody can say what is better than something else if they never tried right?

You are joking right!!!

There have been several back to back dynos posted in the past with the KKM dropping HP on the top end verses a K&N.

Several people have seen their KKM's implode on the dyno. Myself included.
Matter of fact I have a dyno graph of it imploding and robbing about 5FWHP/TQ and giving erratic MAF readings (I.E potential LEAN spots!)

It's been tried and tested to death!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
#868038 02/13/04 01:00 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Marky:

They also still have the best MAF adapter too IMO.

Thick aluminum base with plenty of meat for porting. Takes a 3.5" to 3.75" flanged filter from the get go.

Be nice if they sold that seperately???

To bad the accompanying inverse coned filter design is substandard though.

Actually they do sell them seperately.

Use the CEG link to KKM, then to the home page, select Ford automotive. Scroll to "universal" where it asks you to select vehicle. Found this out a while back while I was on the phone with KKM. They carry MAF adaptors up to 80 mm, and list for $44.95. They also have intake kits with S&B filters vs. the inverse cone style, but they are expensive. IMO the best place to get filters is AJUSA.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard