Next Thread
Print Thread
#867150 02/09/04 07:57 PM
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Had my injectors cleaned a few days ago. They used a hanging canister filled with cleaner and using air pressure, forced the cleaner through the injectors with the motor running. It helped, but now I notice what appears to be two fuel lines going into the injectors I'm guessing one for each bank, and the mechanic only connected the injector clearner into one of the lines. Will the one line do all injectors or did I get only one bank done? Thanks, John

1998 ContourLX V6 ATX Cats Gutted+MIL Eliminators Grandma gave me the finger
#867151 02/09/04 08:35 PM
Y
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Y
My 96 Contour has two fuel lines since fuel delivery "returns" to the gas tank . This means one line provides fuel to the injectors and the other returns it to the tank. As far as I know when it comes to injectors the bank 1/2 grouping doesn't exist. So I'm guessing the mechanic did the injector cleaning correctly. I'm a little curious though, was the car solely fueled by the injector cleaning solution? I guess this is possible, but I thought a tee connector was used to feed both fuel and solution to the injectors. If the car was only fueled by the solution then gas would come shooting out of the open fuel line and solution that didn't get squirted out of injectors would make it's way back to gas tank.

96 Contour 2.5L 148K ATX rebuilt 2X
#867152 02/09/04 09:10 PM
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Thanks Yapper. I was thinking that was the return fuel line after I made the post. I don't really remember exactly how the procedure went but he did shut off the fuel pump then filled the cannister with cleaner, then disconnected both fuel and return lines. With an adapter, he connected the canister into the fuel line, then we started the car and let her run for about 20 min until she died. I think your right in saying that he did it right. Thanks, John

1998 ContourLX V6 ATX Cats Gutted+MIL Eliminators Grandma gave me the finger

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard