Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I'm interested in the extension only if it'll work on the CTA intake, hopefully another zetecer will try it out... they will sell the extension separately correct?

I have a GMK CAI extension already on the way...

btw, the reason these things are going so cheap is simple...COMPETITION.

there are 3 people on NECO selling damn there the exact same thing

GMK
Titan
CustomCougars

all selling 'extensions' and 'full replacement cai systems'

Last edited by ZetecNinja; 02/03/04 08:43 AM.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Got a reply to my email:

Quote:

Dear Sir:

You are accessing a page that is over 2 weeks old. How? we have no
idea.. however we would like to point you in the right direct....

Cold Air Intake Kit

All the images you see, show everything you will be getting. By purchasing
this kit, you will be replacing your stock intake with a complete cold air
intake system. The only items you will need to purchase in addition is Hose
Clamps.

Price is $149.99 Shipped. We are out of stock on this item until middle of
next week

Thanks
James

In my 95 I am running a Kustom Kurtz True Rev Sport Induction Kit sitting in the thieving DTEC tuning heat shield box (They didn't rob me for some reason). While I don't think I am suffering too much heat soak with this system, I am really tempted to try this CAI kit in my "new" 96.

I may be wrong, but this looks to be a good deal. There is some minor modification required (battery to trunk, make a hole) but nothing that sounds too dificult. They claim that the filter location behind the fog lamp is protected against water by the existing splash shields.

What do you think?

If you get it and want to unload that "thieving" dtec heatshield let me know.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Quote:

If you get it and want to unload that "thieving" dtec heatshield let me know.

I am done modifying my 95 (car with heatshield). I am considering a CAI for my 96. There is really not too much to the heatshield - someone with time could make a pattern out of stiff cardboard to perfectly match their filter and hood and use the pattern as a guide to cut out sheet aluminum or an alternative material. A carbon fiber version of it would be fun...

Time is always a problem for me.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Them were thieves but their shields looked ayt

C
C
$149.99 is for the complete kit... Item is available using the following Link...

http://www.customcougars.com/performance/CCCai.htm

If you already have a Short Ram Intake, such as an AEM, Injen or Weapon R... You can use just the extension kit. This kit is $59. The item is available using the following link...

http://www.customcougars.com/performance/CCCaiExt.htm

If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me. I will have more intakes ready to ship on Monday. We ran out of the Hose Techniques Couplers... Also I have one Carbon Fiber Extension Kit instock that is $135 + Shipping.

This weekend, CustomCougars will be performing an install on a 99 Cougar MTX and we will be doing a step by step install to make the installation of this item much easier.

Thanks
james

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard