Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
They actually might total it sorry to say

They won't total it b/c he can't file a claim for it. He has liability.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
the estimate is:
frt bumper cover 238$
frt bumper impact bar 256$
l frt bumper stay 14$
l&r frt filler panel each 8,50$
grille 35$
grille mounting panel 103$
rear bumper cover 150$ + line markup 38$
+ 130$ for paint, materials and else

makes 1500$ for me

Murat from Germany previous automobiles: Citroen CX 2.5 GTI Opel Kadett 1.4 1996 FORD CONTOUR GL/SPORT 2.0l 16V DOHC
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
is FRONT REINFORCEMENT the same as the front bumper impact bar?

another mechanic gave me the estimate of 600$ to change front and rear bumper, grill support and left headlight.
to align the hood, the right fender and repair the front end fa** he calculates additional 500$

Murat from Germany previous automobiles: Citroen CX 2.5 GTI Opel Kadett 1.4 1996 FORD CONTOUR GL/SPORT 2.0l 16V DOHC
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by TommySVT:
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
They actually might total it sorry to say

They won't total it b/c he can't file a claim for it. He has liability.

theres nothing you can do about the Jetta causing the accident?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
theres nothing you can do about the Jetta causing the accident?

Most times no since you did not actualy hit him. If he caused the accident and you hit him then you would have a chance at a claim against him but right now all they have is his word that the jetta caused the accident and who is to say that the accident would have happened at all if he had not tried to avoid the jetta ?

Also unless the guy in the jetta stopped or he got the guys licence place number he had no way to get ahold of the driver to even file a claim against him.

Screwed up ? Yes but that is the way the legal/insurance system works arond here.

It is just like with hitting an deer/dog/cat/whatever else. If you swerve to avoid them and completely miss them and run off the road and hit something else then it is an at fault accident on your part but if you hit the deer it is an "Act of God" and falls under your comprehensive insurance.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I just dropped it at a mechanic to be repaired for 1000$ + taxes, should take a week.

If I hit a concrete wall, is this the same like to hit a deer?, an "Act of God"

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ContourColumbus1:
If I hit a concrete wall, is this the same like to hit a deer?, an "Act of God"

No the deer is an "Act of God" because it is moving and you would be unable to predict the movement of the deer. With the concrete wall the wall stays in one place and your car runs into it so it is your fault as an accident in that case.

Maybe if the concrete wall fell from the sky and landed on your car but just running into it I am afraid is not an "Act of God"

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Ouch....sorry to hear about your accident! Hopefully you got out un-injured. (I'm assuming you are okay, because you posted)

I don't know much about cars, but from the way you explained it, it sounds like it should be a gonner. If both bumpers are gone, you're looking at quite a bit of $$$ to fix that. My bf has a 2003 Focus which got hit the same time my Contour got totaled, and it just cracked his bumper. When they replaced it, it cost a little under $900.00 That is the price a dealership charged though.

I hood that is now out of place *could* mean a cracked/bent frame. In my contour's case, that is what happened.

Hopefully you can get your car fixed, but if you do, it is really going to cost a lot. More than likely, it will cost more than what your car is worth.

My advice? Take the $$$ you would invest to fix it...and put it towards buying another contour, or something else.

Hope everything works out for you, please keep us posted!

~ Kari ~

Silver Frost 2000 Ford Contour SE Sport V6 Automatic 61,400 Miles
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
After two weeks I got my FORD back, had cost me 1000$ plus tax. But they've done a good job, but I wanted to fuel, but what happened, the fuel filler door doesn't open. neither the release nor the override release can open it. I hit the concrete wall with the rear back site, maybe something uptight? Do you have a guess what the prob could be?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Sounds like you may have broken the cable to the door or the pivot assembly...

I would say, take it back to the guys that did the body work.
Sounds like they did a good job and they should know how to fix it.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard