Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#854762 01/29/04 07:34 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
well first of all dont get it from crutchfield. try etronics, ikesound, thezeb, or many other online retailers, i like ikesound, cus they gotta 1 year warranty w/out extra cost. but save urself some money i saved $62 on my reciver, compared to crutchfield. now is you car premium sound or not? if it is, theres an amp behind your glovebox, you have to buy that bypass wiring, if its not premium sound forget the bypass. if you dont have that amp to bypass, they all you have to do is go to wal-mart and get scocshe wiring harness, its as good as any (make sure it matches your car tho.) you just match up the colors on the reciever to the colors on the harness. Either disconnect your battery, or take out the fuse the radio. then plug the harness to the harness in your car, and slide that hu right in. make sure all wires are taped up good and completely covered, if not you'll fry a HU like i did. now reconnect your battery or fuse, and walaaaaah!!! finito

also you'll either need to buy the ford radio removal tool, or you can try to wing it with coat hangers.

blue 95 se MTX alpine 9805 2 diamond 12" cm3's tuned to 38 hz 4 pioneer 3-ways(POS) jbl bp1200.1 pimpin hoes, like the river flows..... constantly!
#854763 01/30/04 01:09 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the heads up contouranado, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was not planning on buying from crutchfiled but could not find it anywhere else.
I did find the 9700 and am beggind to think that the 9750 is sold by crutchfield (+ other sellers) and the 9700 is sold elsewhere. Looks like 2 year @ crutchfield and 1 year everywhere else. Not really an issue though. Toshiba use to do that with there laptops.

Ikesound is a great site, thanks for reccomending them. Ill let you know how it goes.

| 1999 SVT E1 | silver | 147 of 2760
#854764 01/30/04 01:17 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Check ebay. I paid $236 for mine

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
#854765 01/30/04 01:32 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by stunts:

I did find the 9700 and am beggind to think that the 9750 is sold by crutchfield (+ other sellers) and the 9700 is sold elsewhere. Looks like 2 year @ crutchfield and 1 year everywhere else. Not really an issue though. Toshiba use to do that with there laptops.

Scratch that, I am an idiot. Just found a site that lists them side by side, looks like the 9750 does more, although I will admit I am not sure I would use that 'more'. Off to do more research.

Ill hit up ebay again Eric. There are quite a few on there, although the 30-40 for shipping seems a bit steep, but hey, that is what capatalisim is all about. Ill prolly just bite the bullet and get the darn thing. Let me know when you get yours. You are in SD right? I may have to check out your install and bombard you with questions when I do mine.

| 1999 SVT E1 | silver | 147 of 2760
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Well i just boutght the KD-SX8350 about 2 weeks ago and well i have turned the sub control up to 8 *max* and well if i turn it up to like 40 and the bass hits well it makes the cd player skip but i can be going down the ruffist road and it wont skip at all lol maby the bass just hits REALLY to hard or something. but any way i like it pritty good i only have a 600 watt punch he and 2 12 inch punch HE and well i have 2 ports witch i am really thinking about putting 2 more but i dont know im thinking of just making a box that will fit in the trunk from side to side and well any way enoph about the subs. this has an mp3 audio in and a cd changer in but i ordered a plug in to my ps2 so i can get sound the dealer i bought it from told me it had aux in and well it was for the mp3 and he thought it had rca plug in's for it but it was just a cd changer and mp3 input. i dont know what to do about the bass hitting it came with a rubber peace to put on the back of the cd player BUT as most of you know that hook up your own cd players there is no place to have the rubber peace to butt up against. but besides it skiping because of the bass its a good cd player even tho its not the same one you looked at

Players club JVC Arcinal HU 2 12in punch he 600 watt punch amp 7 inch wide screen flip down PS2 in glove box
#854767 01/30/04 01:46 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M

Scratch that, I am an idiot. Just found a site that lists them side by side, looks like the 9750 does more, although I will admit I am not sure I would use that 'more'. Off to do more research.

Ill hit up ebay again Eric. There are quite a few on there, although the 30-40 for shipping seems a bit steep, but hey, that is what capatalisim is all about. Ill prolly just bite the bullet and get the darn thing. Let me know when you get yours. You are in SD right? I may have to check out your install and bombard you with questions when I do mine.

Will do. I'll help you put it in and show you how to work it. I paid 30 bucks for shipping. Seems steep but still cheaper that other places.

Later,
Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
#854768 01/30/04 02:28 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by myfastse:

Will do. I'll help you put it in and show you how to work it. I paid 30 bucks for shipping. Seems steep but still cheaper that other places.

Later,
Eric

Just watch the antenna lines, lol

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
#854769 01/30/04 07:39 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by path914:
Originally posted by myfastse:

Later,
Eric

Just watch the antenna lines, lol

Found out that wouldn't hurt it. Talked with my audio guy and he did the same thing to a car that day.

#854770 01/30/04 01:29 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Well then I hope it was the speaker wires. I'd hate to fry another HU, crap...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

JVC Arsenal KD-SH9750

I am thinking about getting a new HU for the contour and am wanting MP3 playback. It will be hard letting fo of the original factory HU, but I think I will survive without it. I am also going to be getting speakers eventually and want a good base to start with. I probably wont get to crazy with the set up, though.

Any one have one of these or know about them?

What would your other roccomendations be?

Thanks!

I have one... I recommend it very highly. Look at my 2003 competition results to see how I did with it. The 2001 and 2002 results were with a JVC KD-SH77, and older version of basically the same deck except without MP3.

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard