Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Jeremy:
It almost sounded like i could hear the valves opening and closing as the cames rolled. Right now the car will not idle either, it winds down and dies,

Oh boy... does it tick at all? Sound a bit like a lifter is stuck, or something is loose? If so, there may be another tear down in your future... I'll wait for your reply before I have to break your heart...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Well i am going to try the maf and fuel filter tomorrow and if that's not it and it still sound like crap then i am going to probably have to take it apart again. Right now i don't even care what i have to do or pay i just need my car back but unfortunately there is no one really in my area that is familiar with the swap so no one wants to touch it and i am just stuck right now, it kind of sucks, hopefully i can find someone in the near future to take it all apart again but i will re-post as soon as i hear it run again, thanks for all the ideas thus far.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
what state are you in? got cash to fly me over there? 4 real wish i could help you out.

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Call a car transport place and ask what it would cost to ship it to Des Moines, Iowa. Rick and I could get you fixed up!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Well depending on the out come of this weekend i might be getting ahold of you. My "mechanic" keeps telling me he is going to do a diagnostic and crap but everytime i call him he said the guy with the computer didn't have time to make it over. So after tomorrow i am just going to stop trying with him and figure out what i am doing. I had a rod go bad in a 2.5 block, it didn't mess up the piston well or anything. I only drove it for like 10 miles after it started knocking but anyone know what i can do with the block or svt flywheel? I was hoping i might be able to at least get money for the metal or something.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
you can sell the flywheel in the classifieds and junk the block maybe take it to a recycler they might give you a couple bucks.. sucks though cuz it might take forever to sell the flywheel ive had an svt flywheel and clutch forever from my car when i did my swap and i still cant get rid of them. WOW the feeling of quaife,fidanza,centerforce!!!!

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Well ran an electrical diagnostic and right now my throttle positioning sensor tripped a code as well as an o2 sensor. i am hoping this is the reason my car is running so lean, today my thermostat tripped in like 5 minutes so the car is getting too hot too fast. Hopefully it's just a kink in the tps power line considering my mechanic took the air plenum and valve covers off and everything and could has easily kinked it. I am going to cross my fingers but how important is it to immediately replace the o2 sensor. i had to spend extra money on the diagnostic and everything so it might be like a week or two because i gotta pay rent this week, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt my car.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
what was the outcome?? I am having the same problem.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
you may want to check to see if the tps was installed correctly. If i remember correctly (and you pro can correct me if i'm wrong) but isn't it possible to install the tps backwards? If so your car would be running rich at idle causing it to die and it would be running extremely lean on the high end. just a thought.

Chris

Chris 98 silver frost SVT 2001 full 3L Swap "flow optimized cats" 197hp 199tq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
It is possible to install wrong. Unlikely but it is possible.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard