Next Thread
Print Thread
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Hey guys,
Anyone from one of the PA state system schools? I'm from Mansfield and looks like things aren't looking so good as far as a strike goes. Has anyone else gotten that impression as well? Just curious.

1995 Contour GL (V6, 5-Speed)with lots of add ons! SVT parts: dual exhaust, sway bar, brakes, and 17" wheels. Eibach lowering springs. Sound system with component speakers and a 12" Pyle sub.
X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
Well my girlfriend just scanned this, she goes to west chester.

I resized it for you.

Last edited by Xoom; 01/21/04 02:56 AM.

'98 Ford Contour Mods: Audio: JVC kdlx-100 4 Pioneers 2-180 and 2- 200 watt speakers Meguiars Car wax http://www.secnut.com
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well I go to Kutztown University and the impression here is that the strike is going to happen, maybe in the beginning of February. Again this is just speculation but that seems to be the general idea as they haven't settled anything.

Dark Satin Green 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed No ABS, No TCS, No fold down rear seat, and the list goes on.. Pioneer DEH-P6400 CD deck 220 Watt Pioneer 3-ways
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
yay for a private university (go Drexel)

David AIM: DaveL225 2002 CD Silver Focus SVT 2565/4788
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Dweezel:
yay for a private university (go Drexel)

Villanova. What in the world is everyone talking about?

H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Ok well this is what's going on with the whole State vs. the Teachers. The State System of schools of PA has I think 15 schools in it with 104,000 kids total. The teachers have been working without a contract since June... now when the state tried to re-negotiate they basically wanted to cut benefits (make teachers pay for health insurance which has always been covered) as well as freezing the salaries made by teachers. That would mean that teachers would make much less due to inflation and what not. Basically the two sides are very far off when it comes to a contract and it doesnâ??t look good as far as a strike goes. The real losers here are the students, like me, because we might lose that time and not get compensated for itâ?¦

As for private schoolsâ?¦ I was going to go to Bucknell but I didnâ??t want to with all the preps and stuffâ?¦ :-D I love it here at MU

1995 Contour GL (V6, 5-Speed)with lots of add ons! SVT parts: dual exhaust, sway bar, brakes, and 17" wheels. Eibach lowering springs. Sound system with component speakers and a 12" Pyle sub.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
It is disturbing that when you look for a school now, you have to make sure that the school/state are taking care of their own. Strikes = no class = wasted money. Somehow I see a class action lawsuit being filed should the Professors strike and classes are disrupted for a long time.

David AIM: DaveL225 2002 CD Silver Focus SVT 2565/4788
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
penn state new ken included in this ?

contour=sold new car 2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4wd
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Nope, you're fine... just the ones from the State System... http://www.sshechan.edu/ Any one of those colleges is in trouble, or has potential for trouble.

Link Copied to Clipboard