Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by fischman:
WOW! "XR4ti" described my problem better than I did. I'm hoping someone has already had and figured out this problem. My IAC came in (It was the wrong part), had to reorder. While I'm waiting, I'll try torqing the UIM. "Myfastse" asked if I had done the THROTTLE HANG MOD. What is that? By the way is there a list of Contour Recalls on this website? Thanks, guys, for everything so far

Originally posted by volpestyl:
As someone mentioned before, try the throttle hang fix listed in the common problems area (in addition to IAC replacement if neccessary). I used a C clamp and tightend it slowly over the IAC hose as someone mentioned to me. That took care of my fog horn noises and more important in your case, the stalling I was incurring in cold wearther stopped as well...............

I changed my intake for the millionth time and I had to redo my TH fix because of the new intake. Then I had to redo it again because the hole was too small and my car died when it was cold. Once warm it ran fine. You have to get the hole just right. You may ( in extreme cases and in my opinion ) have to have a summer TH fix and a winter TH fix with two diff. size holes.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
X
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
X
Plugs and wires fixed it.
Car had the dreaded Bosch platinum +4's with about 50k mi on them.
used Motorcraft AGSF32FM plugs and WR-5692 wires.

Scott Waltham, MA 1996 GL V6 ATX
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks "Xr4ti", Plugs and wires you say. That will be next. I changed the IAC. No change or improvement at all. After I ran the engine a while from cold, I tried spraying starter fluid around the UIM intake ports. Was definitely a noticable rpm increase on 4 of the 6 ports. Definitely looks like UIM gaskets need replaced.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
moms explorer was getting the 2 cel 171 174 for lean banks 1 and 2. would idle roughly, had to give it gas until it stabilized at a constant idle. had to replace the LIM gasket

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
F
OP Offline
F
IT'S FIXED! I changed the upper intake manifold gaskets today. The engine runs beautifully. The old gaskets were allowing a lot of air to be sucked in. I'm happy. Everybody is happy. Thanks everyone for your help.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard