Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Me and my friend DirtySVT are having the same problem in which when we are in low rpms and floor it the car starts studdering in a sense. He just changed his fuel pump and i'm about to do that. Even after changing his pump it still is doing that. Has anybody had this problem? I am also thinking it could be the injectors. Any insite will help. thanks

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTLAY:
Me and my friend DirtySVT are having the same problem in which when we are in low rpms and floor it the car starts studdering in a sense. He just changed his fuel pump and i'm about to do that. Even after changing his pump it still is doing that. Has anybody had this problem? I am also thinking it could be the injectors. Any insite will help. thanks

Me to!

SVT 99 #526 of 2760
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Mine doesn't sudder but it hesitates a bit before setting me back, when I first bought the car it was balls out fast now it is a little sick I think.. Not too mention the bad gas mileage I am getting..

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
So does anybody know what it could be?

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
plug wires
plugs
fuel filter
fuel pump

just to name a few

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTLAY:

My does that at low RPMs and at hight loads below 2000 rpm

SVT 99 #526 of 2760
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
you might want to do a full upper and lower intake manifold cleaning
including the TB.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
My problem was when i was low on gas and would floor it the car would heasitate then around 5k RPM just stop like the fuel cut off. so i thought what could it be.
Quote:

plug wires
plugs
fuel filter
fuel pump

After changing the feul pump it fixed the low feul problem and now i can redline once again but like SVTLAY said i still have the hesitation in the lower RPMs. We can count our plugs because we just had them replaced Lay last month and mine about 6 months. And we both replaced the feul pump and filter. SOo0o0o0 This week i head back home to Austin to switch out me plug wire the imfumous "9MM FORD RACING WIRES" that we all have head about causing problems.

2000 Silver Frost SVT #77 of 2150 Lots O' Mods To Many To List. My Car My Home Page
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Well i changed out the Ford Racing Plug wire and slaped the stock one back on and what do you know problem SOLVED! Now i get to order some Magnecor wires.

2000 Silver Frost SVT #77 of 2150 Lots O' Mods To Many To List. My Car My Home Page

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard