Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
5point1 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
With my sisters 95 Contour, all I've ever done to check the PCM for codes is jumper the two connectors, and turn the key to the ON position. Then just wait for the Hard and Memory Codes.

I have never attempted the KOER tests because it seems confusing. Plus, being so used to GM cars with no KOER test, I don't understand how or why a KOER test might show a code but a KOEO check would not??

I mean, wouldn't a fault when the engine is running automatically become a Memory Code? And therefore be checked by doing the KOEO check?

I'm just wondering if it's really possible to get a code during a KOER test but NOT a KOEO test? It seems strange if that's the case...

THANKS AGAIN!:)

PS Has anyone here ever discovered a problem by doing that "Wiggle Test" thing??

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
KOEO - if I remember correctly, checks various sensors, etc. through a diagnostic procedure that begins vs KOER where a sensor could cause problems while the engine is running, etc.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The KOER is a dynamic test. It steps through various functions with the engine running and checks engine performance/sensor function.

If you look at the list of possible error codes, you will see that many are distinguished as either continuous/memory, EO (Engine off), or ER (Engine Running).

There are plenty of codes that will only be generated during the ER test.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard