Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
I was driving back from Tampa...and I was on I95 and then I smelt my car was running really rich for some reason...then it went away. But the Check Engine light came on...yeah scared the crap outta me. So when I am cruising at 80 and when I hit the gas to pass someone I hear this ticking noise. what the F is that noise! And thats in all my gears...when it gets into the High RPMs it makes the noise. I know this site has all the Contour Guru's so let me know. Cuz she has to sit in the drive way untill I do another tune up and get her checked out. but if I can fix it...let me know.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by CarTar_Sauce:
I was driving back from Tampa...and I was on I95 and then I smelt my car was running really rich for some reason...then it went away. But the Check Engine light came on...yeah scared the crap outta me. So when I am cruising at 80 and when I hit the gas to pass someone I hear this ticking noise. what the F is that noise! And thats in all my gears...when it gets into the High RPMs it makes the noise. I know this site has all the Contour Guru's so let me know. Cuz she has to sit in the drive way untill I do another tune up and get her checked out. but if I can fix it...let me know.

What engine?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Get codes checked.

When the EGR clogs up you often get pinging under load, sounds like marbles loose in the engine.

You may need to do some routine maintanence, cleaning the MAF and stuff.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
My bad....98 CSVT....

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard