Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#836485 01/08/04 08:19 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
My defroster is working. I can see the RPM's jump and hear the compressor cycle on and off. Plus it works really fast to clear the frost and water. I always use the defrost setting, never defrost and floor, and the temp is always set to the hottest when I use it. THe temp switch is working, because the air coming out of the defrost is really hot, and if I want cooler air while it's on vent, it works also. I still don't know what is going on, but it hasn't done it in the last two days.

#836486 01/08/04 09:09 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You could get a can of granuals which suck up the excess moisture & see how bad it really is...Lowes or any home store. My decklid leaks where it's drilled for my spoiler on my Civic & I have a stinky problem...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
#836487 01/08/04 10:57 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Where can I get good weather stripping designed for the Contour?

Mystique LS
#836488 01/08/04 11:51 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
From Ford Parts online, or your ford dealer. I don't know the part number, but your dealer can help you find it.

#836489 01/09/04 03:53 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Here's a long shot, but it's possible. Have you changed your cabin air filter? At the base of the windshield, underneath the plastic covers behind the hood is the cabin air filter. It's supposed to keep the worst of dust and pollen out of the incoming air for the HVAC (heat, vent & air conditionon) system. There is a plastic housing that holds the filter and behind it is a sponge type gasket that seals the housing to the firewall. The gasket can shift and/or develop leaks and if it rains hard enough or you washed your car, water trickles in down the inside of the firewall into the passenger compartment. Sometimes it will get all the way down to the floor, but other times it trickles down just enough to stay behind the dash and not make it to the floor, so you wont even notice. My windows where fogged up inside some mornings when I first got into the car for about 4 or 5 months, it drove me nuts! I found it when I went to change the filter. There was a lot of built up crud in the area, so I washed it out with the hose. The water started streaming onto the interior floor. I disassembled the filter housing and found that the gasket had shifted and pulled away from the fire wall. I RTV siliconed the gasket back into place on both the filter and firewall side. That was in 97 and I have not had a problem since.

Like I said, it's a long shot but it happened to me!

Former, now returned CEG'er! 95SE MTX, (AKA "The Road Rat"). Stock except for:TH fix, B.A.T. big brake kit, tranny cocktail and lots of re-insulated wiring! May yet be a 3.0! "Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard