Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#835490 01/12/04 05:11 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Svtseries:
So because it hasn't happened to you that means I'm lying???? Some computers require jumpers. When that happened I had to tell them the computer number and that's what they told me. They said to send them the computer and they would put in the jumpers and get the chip working.

No because you are either completely full of sh~t to begin with or force fed that load and believe it is why...

I was being nice (for me) in my first couple of post, but you seem hell bent on making me call you out in full detail as to why your statements are 100% bullsh~t.

The rev limiters (there are several) are all SOFTWARE CODE burned into the PCM. Think of it as like a program or set of parameters the PCM (a computer!) uses to run the car (yes more than just the engine)

In order to CHANGE the rev limiter you have to alter this code or give it a second source of 100% complete code (I.E. a chip) to use.

There is NO POSSIBLE way that adding a solder jumper to a later 99+ PCM is going to magically alter 4-6 specific bits of data inside the 1000's of lines of code and mystically raise the rev limiter. (there is NO SUCH THING as "removing" it)

Therefore that is why I called your story and subsequent statements as such.

Also I know first hand what Superchips can do with a program (I have several of their binaries) and it's not that much at all. (I.E. what a joke )

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
#835491 01/26/04 04:55 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I guess in your rush to "call people out" you didn't read. I put the chip in and NOTHING HAPPENED, when I took it out, the car started and worked fine. Superchips sayed that on some comp they have to install jumper for the chip to work. If what he told me is wrong then fine I don't care. All I know is that after I got my comp back from them it worked fine. There was no rev limit on my car after I installed the chip(before I sent it to them) now there is. So kiss my A$$, you talk to people like they should worship your vast CONTOUR facts. BLOW ME just like I said before, just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean I'm full of SH!T. I could give to sh!ts about coming on here to lie, I asked a question, and I got this crap from you. ......

"SOMETIMES IT TAKES PAIN TO MAKE THE BRAIN WORK HARDER" M.O.B
#835492 01/26/04 05:18 AM
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Superchips sayed that on some comp they have to install jumper for the chip to work.

Right, but it has nothing to do with the rev limiter. It has to do with the PATS system. Link

So kiss my A$$, you talk to people like they should worship your vast CONTOUR facts. BLOW ME just like I said before, just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean I'm full of SH!T. I could give to sh!ts about coming on here to lie, I asked a question, and I got this crap from you. ......

Demon knows more about the Duratec engine than most everyone. To my knowledge he is believed to have the fastest N/A Duratec around. In fact, there are only two or three people from CEG and FCO that I might listen to before Demon. Now, no one's perfect, and everyone makes mistakes, but Demon's advice is usually spot-on. I don't think I've ever seen him make a comment that he can't back up with dyno numbers or simple proven facts. His "abrasiveness" is just part of the package deal. Getting pissy because he pointed out an error in your post is not going to get you anywhere, trust me.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
#835493 01/26/04 05:25 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I know the jumper had nothing to do with it. My car did hit 8000, before I sent it to them. I know he knows this engine. I just don't understand why he has to be like that. My car did lose it's rev limiter after I installed and removed the chip. That's just a fact.

"SOMETIMES IT TAKES PAIN TO MAKE THE BRAIN WORK HARDER" M.O.B
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
1. I know the jumper had nothing to do with it.
2. My car did lose it's rev limiter after I installed and removed the chip. That's just a fact.

1. That is not what you stated originally.

2. That IS impossible. Plain and simple. No way around it.

The parameters for the multiple rev limiters are flashed into the PCM.
There is no way installing a chip altered those few specific lines of code out of the 1000's of lines. (it would have to reflash the PCM mind you - there is NO other way to do it - not only that but 7 specific lines of 1000's)

To hit 8000rpm the engine must be mechanically over-revved. That is the only way to bypass the "stock" limiters and it's 100% mechanical and driver induced. I've done it myself twice. Luckily I caught it quickly both times.

~~~

Also if you go back and read this thread you will find my first post was very informative, 100% factually correct, and not harsh.
Only once your story got even further "impossible" did I let you know how and even why your statements were not possible.

I believe it started something like this...

It hit 8000 because the superchip required jumpers on the computer. The car didn't start so I recleaned the comp and reinstalled the chip. Nothing happened. I called superchips and they said that it would need some jumpers. The car starts fine without the chip, but there's no rev limiter now.

So because it hasn't happened to you that means I'm lying???? Some computers require jumpers.

Heck I just reread this thread and my posting barely got harsh at all. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt that someone (stuporchips ) gave you the bad info to begin with.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I had a superchip fitted to my old Mondeo , a 2L 4 cylinder, it was the mk1 model with 134hp.
While I noticed improved throttle repsonse at low to medium revs, there is NO WAY IN HELL did it give me an extra 10hp they claimed. I decided at that time it was a pos and wouldnt be bothering with it on the V6. (I am going the route of a uni-chip once I am finished tuning) If they had claimed only improved mid-range urge, and not really much of a gain up top, I would not have been so disappointed.
However, I did actually over-rev it once or twice after the superchip was fitted. This is no BS. I only noticed because I wasnt watching the rev counter, and waiting for the limiter. But it didnt kick in, and the needle rev'd up to 7k. Just as I noticed it, I managed to change up. But what was very f8cked up was, I was showing it to a mate, that the limiter was gone, and low and behold, it bounced off it at approx 6.7rpm.
Very strange. Can anyone explain?
I would also like to make the following statements;
(1) My story is true
(2) I do not do drugs
(3) I was not drinking at the time, due to driving.
(4) I am a qualified mechanical engineer, and even I would be looking at my story with scepticism

I would never buy another superchip. ( Based on my experience) I think the only way to go is with specific maps for the car and its mods, in the form of a uni-chip. Guys on www.fordmondeo.org have them, and swear buy them with really good gains.

1996 Mondeo 24v 4-door twin janspeed stainless pipe cat by-pass Phase 2 RS bodykit 16" cosworth alloys K&N RU3530 SVT TB/UIM/LIM poly bushings konis/bat springs/bar Pioneer MSDS Indiglos P&P heads 2005 Mondeo Zetec Tdci
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I actually have the ability to burn chips, as does Demon. Mine are just better. I have burners for Diablo and the new SCT chips. All the solder jumper does is activate the J3 port so that the computer will accept a chip or allow you to read the computer. There are actually 5 parameters to change to get the rev limiter raised on a chip and you have to really mean it for it to happen. The only way it could happen, barring an over rev which I did once, is if Superchips re-flashed the pcm with an all out race program. That would be one hell of a mistake. BTW the tach on my old AFC read 9200 when I over reved mine.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
#835497 01/28/04 08:20 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Keyser:
I actually have the ability to burn chips, as does Demon. Mine are just better.

Oh yeah.

I know I can tune my car better then you can tune my car.

You only state being better because I don't care about tuning any other person's car but my own... (well not "exactly" true {right! } but you are comparing apples to oranges really)

#835498 01/29/04 12:19 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
After 400+ bin files you have burned I hope you can tune your car better than I can.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard