Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I am sure you are very pleased with your new AVR. I just got this as a Christmas present from my wife and it is a very awsome AVR. I replaced my pioneer 100x5 receiver and WOW what a differnce it makes. I would highly recommend this to anyone that is in the market for a new reciever.

Traded in - 2000 SVT Black tan leather DMD, Pro-Flow 75mm MAF, SHO Shop Intake Mystery mod(awaiting installation) Now 2004 Acura RSX Type S 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I don't know about that. I would find it hard to believe that Yamaha advertised the HTR-5560 as a full-bandwidth amp if it wasn't actually one. Either way, we are talking about high end A/V equipment and between the to recievers I doubt you would be able to tell much of a difference.

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I just wanted to clarify something. I made a mistake when I stated the power ratings for my HK AVR. It has 55 watts, but only in stereo mode to the front 2 speakers. In home theater mode it is rated at 45x5, which further enhances my amazement at it's sound quality. I'm also surprised the brands Dave mentioned didn't produce their stated power when bench tested but I'm sure his statement is accurate. BTW just picked up american wedding, can't wait to pop it in.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
He may be accurate on some recievers, but I know for a fact that the Yamaha HTR-5560 outputs the power it says it does (They actually use a 60-piece amp which puts them ahead of a lot of their competitors). Heck, if I wanted to I could take the thing into the engineering lab and prove it

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by bullion:
He may be accurate on some recievers, but I know for a fact that the Yamaha HTR-5560 outputs the power it says it does (They actually use a 60-piece amp which puts them ahead of a lot of their competitors). Heck, if I wanted to I could take the thing into the engineering lab and prove it

The test I saw was last year. If the 5560 is newer than a year old, they may have changed their ratings a bit to make them read their actual output. It normally isn't the amplifiers themselves that are weak but the PS needed to provide 500-1000w would be massive.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I really don't know how old the 5560 is but it was one of their higher end models at the time (I know you still can buy it new). I am not framilar with what type of power supplies AVR's use but a 1000 watt power supply sounds way too high. Remember, the point of a home audio amplifier is typically to have a high gain (get more out than what you had to put in). This is the case no matter if you are using a MOSFET, JFET, etc amp. Yes, the digital displays take some power, but those generally run on a 5V supply with low current which typically do no dissapate much heat, hence they are efficient when it comes to not wasting much energy. Any ways, we buy what best fits our needs and that is what we have done. So it is pretty pointless to argue over small differences among products. What you have hooked up to those AVR's is a completely different story (i.e. frequency response, etc)

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Don't let the 55 watts fool you. My sony had 100 watts to both front channels and the HK hands down destroys that unit in every category. Another reason I wasn't too concerned with the power output is because I live in a condo and I really can't use my system to it's full potential anyway, "the reason I sold my velodyne sub". I will say this though, I turned the volume to just pass half way for just a few seconds and I almost wet myself. Just kept getting louder with absolutely amazing clarity and I still had plenty of volume to go so to be quite honest, power really isn't an issue. BTW, nice reciever

So how much was yours, I got a pretty huge system that I dont have a decent enough reciever for. It can handle 100 watts to each speaker (6) and 1400 to the sub. but I have found nothing that was good that I liked (also must be silver).... The back also must be able to pull in just normal wires. I don't have RCA Plugs, I would have to redo them to put them in and I just don't have the time.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I bought it at circuit city for $375.00 I know I could have bought it online for much cheaper, but my main concern was the warranty and circuit city offers a great 5 year warranty for I think $60.00. Go to an audio store that carries it and audition it. The only minor complaint I have is the cheesy remote, I remember some of the older HK's had some cool remotes. Like I've stated in my previous posts, if your after clean crisp sound I highly recommend this unit. I just won some auctions on ebay for new rear surrounds "mb quart" and an older infinity bu1 sub. The sub is small but it's probably just what I need considering where I live. Once it's all hooked up I'll post back with results.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I paid $500 for the Yamaha HTR-5560 which supplies more than enough power to make the dual 10" woofers in each of my main speakers hit hard. It also came with an awesome univeral remote.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I need me a new receiver!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard