Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Hi every one! I have been looking throught the old posts looking for answers to questions i had about LSD/L.Flywheel.
I found most all of them but a few...............
What kind of performance gains could i expect in 1/4 mile and cornering of the vehicle? Obviously im going to get more traction, but how does the car behave when coming out of the corner? For the Flywheel i know it'll rev quicker, but does it pull harder on the high end?

Green 99 SVT
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'll tell you in a few weeks.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
An LSD is an undescribable improvement to cornering and acceleration from said cornering. 'nuff said

A lightened flywheel lets the engine rev faster.
For acceleration it is most noticeable in first and second gear.
In shifting it helps to drop the engine revs faster to match the transmission speed. (faster, smoother shifting)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I did a flywheel (Spec), clutch (Spec Stage II) and LSD (Torsen) and the car feels like a different beast altogether. Even my mechanic who was very skeptical was very impressed after it broke in and he was able to rev it hard. He got out of my drivers seat grinning like a kid.

99 E1 SVT Black/Tan, MSDS Headers, SHO-Shop Y, BAT Intake, Opt. TB, UR Clutch/Flywheel, Quaife, B&M, Konis, GC Coilovers, Pulley, Mintex Pads, 17" MAS Italy Rogers, Nitto 215/45/17, Portmatch, 138K
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I did the spec II, quaife and lightened svt flywheel. The difference is most notable in 1st gear with the flywheel, second gear pulls harder too. After that I don't notice it much, but 1st and second gear can win a race! Car seems a little better when passing on the highway too. The quaife helps in many ways, i was pleased with snow performance this year!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
I did the spec II, quaife and lightened svt flywheel. The difference is most notable in 1st gear with the flywheel, second gear pulls harder too. After that I don't notice it much, but 1st and second gear can win a race! Car seems a little better when passing on the highway too. The quaife helps in many ways, i was pleased with snow performance this year!

EXACTLY!

I did the spec III, fidanza, and quaife, and undescribable difference in acceleration, cornering, and general fun factor. . .actual times, who knows, I don't think anyone has done a back to back on Willow Springs, or something like that. . .I know SCC did a quaife install on their Ford Focus a year or more ago, and measured lap times, and the quaife saved nearly 30 seconds or something obscene like that. . .in a circle it allowed them to go faster, and they time it on a skid pad course, found they went significantly faster overall. . .

you're doing it for the benefit of the overall performance of the car, ie handling, acceleration, safety (ie snow), and so on. . .

Suneil

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard