Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
short story:
Yesterday I was out x-mas shopping and went into hobby lobby for a few package decorations; went to go check out and the lady in front of me is buying hoards of these tin snowman figure things, like 8 of em'. My mom says to her that she must really like snowmen or she's giving them as gifts. The lady then says they are decorating their preschool for the kids and they can't have santa claus but they can do snowmen. OK BACK UP. Excuse me, CAN'T have santa claus??? WTH?!?!? Then on the radio there was a discussion about a school christmas play that caused a huge controversy because they had santa in it and he asked the kids if they knew the true meaning of christmas and we all know the true meaning of christmas; the birth of christ. A bunch of people in the audience complained due to the fact about the whole ordeal claim it was a "santa imposter" trying to teach christian values to the kids... Gimme a break people... That's what christmas is all about. I can't believe what the world is coming to. All these friggin' ACLU people trying to ruin the whole meaning of christmas and what it is celebrated for... If you don't like it, don't listen or participate. The majority of the population of this country, even the world for that matter celebrates this holiday in some form or another and the birth of christ. Yes it is out there and everywhere you go, in music and in decoration; and again, that is because the majority celebrate this holiday. But it really tears me a new one when there are people who can think of nothing better to do than to gripe and complain and end up screwing things up for other people, like the kids who can't have santa claus in school because it might offend someone. WE all grew up w/ christmas in our schools and christmas plays and santa coming to school when we were little but now people complain and the supreme court has ruled it illegal to make any statement about god in public. And what do we do around christmas, we decorate in public w/ lights and music, to celebrate a birth, and we all know of who. At least I would like to think that is still the reason. So get ready because I'm sure this matter is only going to get worse, and in the end, there goes christmas...

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
yep, pretty soon we wont be able to say the words black, brown,gay,indian....etc.

I blame all this on democrats, liberalists, and @$$holes who think that the whole world should change to fit his believes. Im going to go to my kid brothers school wearing a santa hat, and saying god bless you. They cant say $^it since it would go against my believes if they do.

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
My wife and I have been out shopping wearing hats, she has been wearing a hat she wears when in costume as a Christmas clown and I have been wearing an elf hat. We both also have true Christmas pins on our jackets. We have had many comments such as "I like your hats" and "I haven't seen many people in the Christmas spirit." At the same time I am happy to share with others what is Christmas, I am sad to hear comments like the last one.

Keith W 98.5 SE Sport ATX Lt. Denim Blue Other car '02 3.0 Duratec Taurus wagon Want some real political discussions? Try www.freeconservatives.com
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I can actually see a kid in the future getting suspended from school for saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
it just saddens me to think how everything seems to be falling victim to some person's so called "rights". One word that is VERY MUCH abused these days if you ask me...

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Batmobile:
I can actually see a kid in the future getting suspended from school for saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes.

WEll, here in good ol' Plano Texas, there was a student, ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT, who was not allowed to pass out Christmas gifts to his class mates BECAUSE HIS GIFTS INCLUDED THE HISTORY of the CANDY CANE!!

I was like what the you know what? A child, can't even pass out Christmas gifts.

It has gone WAY TO far.

It actually makes me sick!!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard