Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Assuming both cars had excellent drivers

What would happen if a CSVT raced:
Focus SVT toasted
Honda Civic Si or Ex with vtec(say it had intake, and exhaust) dosent have a chance
Older close race and newer mustang GT kill you
and the Acura CL beaten, unless its a type-S, then you're owned!

Audi A4 close race if its a v6
or a BMW Z3, probably beat you
or 300 series, 328/330 ?? Definitely beat you

SHO? v6 will take you slightly, v8 dosent stand a chance

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
those older vr6 jettas are slow as far as I know. You gotta watch out for the gti's. I just took my friend in his 98 GTI twice the other day, at the track...but that's with all of the stuff I have done and him stock.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
i think the svt contour would beat everything on the list except the stangs

I agree but I think the CSVT would take a 94' Stang GT w/ATX, I heard that year they just didn't run that good.

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I beat some 95 and older stock stangs with manuals. There was one older fox body that must have had some mods, I was ahead up to 45mph and then he blew right past me.
It also depends on the driver and the take-off.

98 SVT E0 T-Red E1 engine resonator removed K&N w/ MAF adapter 20% tint Ford Trans. cocktail Ford 9mm Racing Wires DMD
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The 94-98 stang is a drivers race...99 and up you're toast unless ur 3L and then some. I loved my CSVT but it just didnt have the get up and go like the stang does...but thats apples to oranges, the stang doesnt handle like a go-kart either. Good luck AT THE TRACK, let us know the results.
-David

1999 Chrome Yellow Mustang GT with black leather, dual chamber flowmasters, K&N drop in filter, mildly tinted windows... http://community.webshots.com/user/svtminiflea
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by SVTMini-Flea:
The 94-98 stang is a drivers race...99 and up you're toast unless ur 3L and then some. I loved my CSVT but it just didnt have the get up and go like the stang does...but thats apples to oranges, the stang doesnt handle like a go-kart either. Good luck AT THE TRACK, let us know the results.
-David

Exactly. And older than 94 is the same, power on the 5.0 varied quite a bit over time. I think 1 year it only had like 185, don't quite remember, but something really low. I think later years and by 93 it was around 215, so it's a pretty good race. One thing you have on your side is that most those cars are beat to hell and worn out by now, if it's the AOD trans I think any CSVT should beat it.

But I still have to warn. That's for stock. Once someone starts modding these your gonna have your hands full.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by 99SVT:
Originally posted by SVTMini-Flea:
-David

Exactly. And older than 94 is the same, power on the 5.0 varied quite a bit over time. I think 1 year it only had like 185, don't quite remember, but something really low. I think later years and by 93 it was around 215, so it's a pretty good race. One thing you have on your side is that most those cars are beat to hell and worn out by now, if it's the AOD trans I think any CSVT should beat it.

But I still have to warn. That's for stock. Once someone starts modding these your gonna have your hands full.

as for the stangs.....87-93 stangs all came with 225 hp and 300 lb ft stock...(although ford later revised the hp #'s sometime around 91 to 205)but the cars with the supposed 205 all ran stronger than the earlier cars rated at 225(alot of the 93 models,which i have owned 2 of,rated at 205 were faster than earlier cars rated at 225)....a stock 5 speed is capable of 14.5@98....i have owned several fox bodies,and i can tell you flat out that a "properly" running (note i did say properly running,there are lots of dogged out pos running around)fox bodied(87-93) stock 5 speed will own a csvt in the 1/4 mile all day long....and some autos can run under 15's as well...now put $500 in that stang and it will run 13's easily...

as for the 94-95 stangs they were rated at 215 hp and 285 lb ft....and a car and driver test had it running 14.9@93...although that was probably a 5 speed,as the autos usually ran in the 15's...my wife currently drives an auto 94 gt,and it actually does pretty well from a dead stop(torque),but isn't all that fast from a roll...but it also is by no means slow.....

also the 96-98 stangs were rated at 215 and 285 as well...and most ran in the 15's....but with the extra torque,a 5 speed might be slightly quicker than a csvt in the 1/4...probably a drivers race....but throw in a set of 4.10 gears,and it will take a csvt in the 1/4....the autos are pretty slow,but ran mid to high 15's iirc,so still maybe a drivers race,as well....

and always remember that there are literally thousands of aftermarket parts for these cars,and any of them can be made very fast without alot of $$$$....

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Umm the SHO vs the SVT question. if your running a quater mile then there pretty even. anthing after and you better hope that the sho blows up unless you have a SC... I had my Mod'd SVT and SHO at the same time and me and my best friend who also has a sho raced 9 times. the svt won the quater mile 6times and 0 times up to a mile and past. Both great cars. MY sho's had major traction issues in first where a SVT will get a jump on it for a while. but once the SHO hits third its pretty much see you later!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:
Umm the SHO vs the SVT question. if your running a quater mile then there pretty even. anthing after and you better hope that the sho blows up unless you have a SC... I had my Mod'd SVT and SHO at the same time and me and my best friend who also has a sho raced 9 times. the svt won the quater mile 6times and 0 times up to a mile and past. Both great cars. MY sho's had major traction issues in first where a SVT will get a jump on it for a while. but once the SHO hits third its pretty much see you later!

What about auto sho's? I honestly have no idea, I'm only asking because I raced a 2nd gen SHO from 60 - 120 and we were almost dead even...but the SVT was pulling on him ever so slightly until he just gave up and hit the brakes. Since you owned both I trust you, that's why I'm asking?

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
hey i have raced a si civic (99) he had rims intake headers exhaust suspension and him and one other person in his car and i had stock with 4 people in my car it was a fun time i raced him 3 times cause i guess he though he could win at least once

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard