Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Most everyone knows my mystique is trashed. I'm thinking of repairing it when all of a sudden I see a light. the light said contour and overheated V6 (probably the damn waterpump). Then this little red dude appeared on my shoulder and said... "If you rip the heart out of your car and put it in this car with the body... it will be a masterpeice!!! Muahahahaha!" Then he disappeared. Then I began to think. To rip the heart out of my car may not be so bad on the wallet. It may be easier to replace the engine in the other car and let my poor poor mystique rest in peace.... what do you think?

How hard will it be to make the new engine fit? Is there a difference in wiring harnesses that I should know about? Will it be hard to make my engine that is bolted up to an atx fit onto an mtx? What do you say?

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Honestly? why would you wanna go from a nice peppy v6 to super slow zetec !

And it will probably just be easier to replace it with another v6, because with the I4 you got to change motor mounts, harness, and alot of other stuff... to much work!

I'm in the process of changin my crapoliers head, and converting it manual, and I never heard myself curse so much!

Sometimes it's just not worth converting crap like this!

1997 Civic CX (lsvtec,el frontend,fast, nuff said)
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Zetec and Duratec transmissions have different bolt patterns. You cannot bolt up a V6 to a Zetec tranny and vice versa even if it's the same kind (atx/mtx).

T.

Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Dude that is an awesome deal, u could probably talk it down some too... it would be easier to buy that car and do a basic 3L swap! then you will have a beast for sure, or just replace the SE 2.5 and add some SVT goodies

Originally posted by Obsidian:
Most everyone knows my mystique is trashed. I'm thinking of repairing it when all of a sudden I see a light. the light said contour and overheated V6 (probably the damn waterpump). Then this little red dude appeared on my shoulder and said... "If you rip the heart out of your car and put it in this car with the body... it will be a masterpeice!!! Muahahahaha!" Then he disappeared. Then I began to think. To rip the heart out of my car may not be so bad on the wallet. It may be easier to replace the engine in the other car and let my poor poor mystique rest in peace.... what do you think?

How hard will it be to make the new engine fit? Is there a difference in wiring harnesses that I should know about? Will it be hard to make my engine that is bolted up to an atx fit onto an mtx? What do you say?

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Heres what the third person said who appeared on your shoulder..."not worth it " I say talk to Chris Wong up in the Eastern Canada section and buy his SE, the all mighty U.S. buck goes alot further there

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by QuickSE:
Dude that is an awesome deal, u could probably talk it down some too... it would be easier to buy that car and do a basic 3L swap! then you will have a beast for sure, or just replace the SE 2.5 and add some SVT goodies

However, since its a 95, I think the 3L swap is a little more difficult due to the vacuum IMRC. I know someone tried it, but I don't think it was as straight forward as a 96+.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Not only are the transmission bell housings different, but the subframe is, too. These extras will really add up.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by QuickSE:

However, since its a 95, I think the 3L swap is a little more difficult due to the vacuum IMRC. I know someone tried it, but I don't think it was as straight forward as a 96+.

Oh, and the OBDI vs OBDII issue. Duh, I can't believe I forgot that one.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
First off. The V6 is trashed and that would be why. But since the tranny and subframe is different then I guess that is out of the question. I thought it would probably be the same but... oh well, guess I was wrong. Thanks for all of the info. Probably have to find another four cylinder thats toast.

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard