Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
This morning had the engine pressure washed. Now sometimes it shudders at a stop and stumbles before it gets going. Then other times it will run fine. Any ideas? Thanks, John

1998 ContourLX V6 ATX Cats Gutted+MIL Eliminators Grandma gave me the finger
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
please say you covered up stuff before you did it cuz if you didnt it could be really bad

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Water on your plugs. You should've covered them plus anything that looks electrical. Try taking out the plug wires and drying them with a hair dryer.

Pablo Quintana 98 SE Sport Contour Honduras, Central America
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm with Pablo.... Probably just wet SP wires arcing away. You may be able to see the sparks flying around if you observe the wires by the coil pack in the dark. (Pull the hood light )

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by tw0wheelin:
(Pull the hood light )

That's only for you '95 owners. The rest of us got jipped by the usual decontenting.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
wet parts. Maybe water on the coil pack. If you let it dry out it should go away.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I did that one time. It wasn't a pressure wash, just a back yard garden hose wash. Water got around the plugs, and the plugs shorted and cracked.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by tw0wheelin:
(Pull the hood light )

That's only for you '95 owners. The rest of us got jipped by the usual decontenting.

95 'stique gs 5-speed - Matty #10
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I chased down a BIG problem on my '95 GL which ended up being the coilpack shorting out.
The reason this relative to your problem in that the coilpack shorted out due to the upper radiator house breaking and spewing coolant all over then engine.
Hopefully your engine wasn't running when you pressure washed it because the fact that mine was running may be why it was as catastrophic to the coilpack as it was.
Hopefully there wasn't enough water remaining to short yours.

and yes... my plugs were cracking, too.
The new coilpack remidied that.

So... if yours doesn't run correctly after it has had enough to dry out then I'd look at the coilpack AND the plugs which will probebly crack because of the coilpack failing.

DB

J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Good advice. Thanks man, John

1998 ContourLX V6 ATX Cats Gutted+MIL Eliminators Grandma gave me the finger

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard