Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
I'm thinking about switching from GS to STS, and this allows me to change from the 16x6.5 to a 15x7 -- cheaper in the long run (tires) and lower unsprung weight. Win-win.

So, I've checked out both the Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct and have a few leads, but the Kosei K1 has always been a sweet wheel.

Do you guys have any suggestions about good lightweight wheels out there in this size? Thanks in advance.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by weargle:

Do you guys have any suggestions about good lightweight wheels out there in this size?

A great resource for wheels is here:

Slammin' Wheel Weight Page

You'll have to check around to find out which ones come in 4x108, though.

I do know that the SSR comps are available in that bolt pattern, but the $$ is painful. TireRack has them, iirc.

I looked around a couple years back (thought about STS as well). I came to the conclusion that the OZ Superlegga was the best bang for the buck. (TireRack has those, too... Too bad they don't carry Falken Azenis, though.)

Mark

There are 10 kinds of people... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Discount Tire has about a half-dozen 16x7 4x108, and sell the Azenis, but I would like to do a little more "window shopping". The way I figure it, if I can get >$200 for my current CSVT wheels a la Ebay, I break even compared to buying 215/45 16 Azenis once, and after that, I'm making money.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You looking for 15's or 16's?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by RogerB:
You looking for 15's or 16's?

Sorry, 15x7. The above post was written that way because I'm dumb.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I was looking at getting 17x7s, so I am not sure if TireRack has those wheels in 15x7s or not.

I am in agreement with you, though... I think that 15s are the way to go (evidently I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the STS thing... ).

There are 10 kinds of people... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well, DTD has Enkei RS6 in 15x6.5 for $111. I know those are light, but they're not as wide as you wanted.

TR has several ASA wheels in 15x7, but when I was researching 16's, they were all nothing special in the lightness department.

K-1's don't show up anymore as a fitment for the Contour, but they may be available as a custom drill. Otherwise, they are a good bet. Very light without breaking the bank.

The Superlegerra's aren't available in anything smaller than 17 inch, and those are $280. Too rich for my thin wallet. (But not bad, as they are light weight.)

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Rota Slipstreams
zxtuner.com
12lbs a wheel

:edit: oh wait they're 15x6.5 but close enough :edit:

Last edited by ZetecNinja; 12/06/03 11:28 AM.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
Rota Slipstreams
zxtuner.com
12lbs a wheel

Holy crap! Those, in 16", are 2 lbs lighter than my K-1s! And cheaper, too. (Too bad they weren't available when I was shopping.) Hmmmm. Bronze + T-red...

Oh well. At least mine are 7.5"

W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
Rota Slipstreams
zxtuner.com
12lbs a wheel