Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67818 08/06/02 02:44 AM
D
OP Offline
D
sometimes entering 1st gear i get a grind- it feels like it is not going in all the way- like 1/2 way - and then a good 75% of the time when down-shifting - going from 2nd into 1st it will grind something nasty/embarasing- mostly when running it hard (like it should be)-- and this has not been the norm in the past- - I tried to rule out the clutch by putting it in first and holding the clutch in and reving up the engine - and i could not feel any pull or get it to move the veh at all- and wouldn't that be the case if it was the clutch?? i had it at the dealer for a bunch of warr. work and they said it is the clutch- about a thousand dollars- someone please help me pinpoint this issue- if you have had a clutch replaced in the past what were the main symptoms- the history is at 35k miles I had a throw out bearing going out and they warr that - so when they were in there I boght a factory clutch and had them put it in while they were there- and now i have 70k on car- so clutch is only 35k old- and most of my cars have been stick so I don't trash my clutches... your advise please

silver frost 98' svt--tint, stereo system, kkm intake, glasspack, optima, carbon fiber, superchip, side markers, adj. koni's, eibach's, coilovers, axis 7evens 19x8, nitto 225-35-19
#67819 08/06/02 04:30 AM
probably a synchro is gone, might be you grinding the gear. Probably not the clutch. For what its worth, I dont downshift from 2 -> 1 until I am stopped, seems to me like it puts alot of strain on the trannie... -Nick

"My family hauler can kick your family hauler's @SS!"
~~~~1999 Contour SE Sport~~~~
-KKM True Rev
-Custom cat back Flowmaster exhaust
-All Cat's fixed.
-SHO Shop Off-Road Y-pipe
-Many other Mod's done...
#67820 08/06/02 09:42 AM
D
OP Offline
D
thanks nick

silver frost 98' svt--tint, stereo system, kkm intake, glasspack, optima, carbon fiber, superchip, side markers, adj. koni's, eibach's, coilovers, axis 7evens 19x8, nitto 225-35-19

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard