Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I hear this high pitched whistle when I'm driving. I dont have a clue what it is. I hear it when I am driving in first and second gear, and reverse. The whistle happens most often and its most noticible when Im accelerating, braking, and turning at low speeds for example in parking lots. It might be just the brakes, but I really don't think it is. I am going to have to take it in and have it looked at soon, but I'd like to be prepared with an idea of whats wrong and what it will cost. Any thoughts/info would be appreciated.

1998 T-Red CSVT
custom emblems
carbon fiber sails
24V badges removed
door ding strips removed
chrome painted grills
tinted out 20%
resonator removed
cleared headlights
S
S
Might be a vacuum leak somewhere. Check where your PCV valve is connected and also the power brake booster vacuum line. These have both whistled at me before...just needed pushed back on. Good luck!

'98 SVT Contour #639
'79 Monte Carlo
T
T
FWIW, I had a whistle develop in a stainless steel IAC bypass tube I tried out. I would check the tubes in/around the intake.

Scott
95 SE-2.5L ATX (120K+ miles & many mods)
S
S
I have the same problem. Its not really noticable until I turn the AC on. I'm going to have it checked out at the dealer as soon as I get a day off.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~
Silver 2000 Contour SVT
# 1200 of 2150

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard