Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
96zetec Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay tell me i'm dumb,but i had them working completely and shut the trunk and they went off. The bulbs are good, and work fine in my other contour, the fuse is fine, and all of the wires are good, what could possibly be wrong iwth this?? please help me quickly before its dark frown
thanks,
Derek Johnson

Derek Johnson
96 Contour Sport MTX
zetec with diablo chip, air intake
"Help!! Someone stole my ding guards!!!hehehehe"
D
D
When you say the wires are good, does that mean you tested them and they are live? If not, then the chances that you knocked a harness out when shutting the trunk are good.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
B
B
Maybe you need to clean the contacts for the bulbs? try using an eraser on both the bulb and the socket. Do not touch the contacts with your hands (natural oils prevent a good electrical circuit). If that doesn't work, get a voltmeter and verify that the socket is powered when your headlights are on.

good luck

--
Barry Wolf
1996 Contour SE MTX Midnight Red, Parchment leather
Brakes: Bendix OEM size discs, Carbon Metallic Pads, Parking Brake TSB kit
Engine: New IAC valve, new EGR valve, new cat, new water pump, moose fix kit, K&N drop in filter
Tranny: Redline ATF + Ford Friction modifier
Interior: Pioneer CD receiver, Pioneer speakers, Ford RS shift knob, Ford vinyl floor mats (great purchase!)
Handling: E1 SVT Rims, Yoko AVS-I 205/55ZR16 (like butter) meats
Other: High beam bulbs in low beam position, new trunk vent
Other problems: leaky PS pump - fixed with 2 oz stop leak, 1 quart oil use per 2K miles
Mileage: 62K (August 2002)
R
R
As you look in the trunk, observe the wires as they go in to the left hand support arm. ( Mine are on the driver side). My wires were broken in this area most likely due to the flexing from opening and closing.Back up lights were also affected.

stock 95 LX,6cyl ATX

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard