Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I need some opinions, I made an appointment to take my car in for a intake runner control thats stuck open in a few days thats causing it to throw a CEL. As of right now I have a KKM and a Aussie pipe thats after market on my intake and my fear is that they'll try to void my intake warrenty mad over it or being ford they could wreak something, and they don't cover aftermarket. mad frown Any opions will be valued smile

T
T
Take this for what it's worth, I bought my SVT used from the Ford dealer. It already had a KKM intake on it. I've had to take it in for warranty work and they never said anything about it. The other side is I've not had to take it in for anythying that could be affected by the intake.
I know, not very helpful. laugh

Tim
'00 SVT

D
D
Yeah, my extended warranty contract says I can't put anything on the vehicle that affects performance. Whatever...

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
S
S
Dude you only have 1 star !!! Should I vote 5 stars for you ???

If I were you I would take off the aftermarket stuff as I would bet FORD would try to void the warrenty work. :p

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, I guess I'll just take it off, to be safe...

D
D
it depends on the dealership. we allow exhaust/intake/suspension modfictions. some are stingy, as warranty work is a ***** to do. Ford doesnt give great hours for some warranty work, especially if youre doing a crapshoot trying to find a hidden problem.

1985 SVO: 4 cylinders, 5 gears, 20 PSI
1998 torredor red SVT contour: #3705 of 6535
need info on your SVTs service/recall/warranty history? e mail me...
N
N
Dealership dependant... I don't take out anything listed in my sig.

SVT EMBLEM MOD HERE

:::96:C:LX:::
Black 2.5L ATX "my beater" - Shaved ? badgeless ? SE rocker panels
:::99:SVT:C::: #2566 of 2760
T-RED/TAN "the bitçh" Brullen Cat-back w/ 3.5" angle-cut tips ? BAT European Suspension ? AFE Filter ? CnL 73mm MAF ? Diablosport Chip :MNQ3: ? Mirko front spilter ? Apexi SAFC (i'm scared to install! anyone in Norcal wanna help me?)

..::nyceboicreations.com::..
email:junkmail@nyceboicreations.com

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard