Next Thread
Print Thread
#806292 11/26/03 05:28 PM
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
My 98.5 C SE (mtx, 2.5) shuts down in the middle of driving. I am almost positive that a small wire near the positive terminal is at fault. It is clipped onto a small bracket, and connects to another wire. When it is seperated (i think the connector broke, so this could def happen during driving) the engine shuts down. I think it goes to the computer, from where im not sure. Can i remove this clip and permanently wire the wires togather, or can i get a new connector?

#806293 11/26/03 07:25 PM
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Im not so sure its that clip anymore, i was told thats the prob, and though its broken, i temporarily fixed it. If i had destroyed a cell or two in my battery (with a 1200watt subwoofer system) w/o a farad cap, could that cause the engine to go to shut down during driving? Also, when it happens, the windshield wipers go on for a sec, as well as my abs light, so i think the comp completely resets. Any ideas?

#806294 11/26/03 09:19 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
check all the connections with your alternator, and battery terminals. You may have fried a wire. Maybe inspect the wires closely, as it may have burned out.

I wouldn't worry about your stereo system. I've had mine at well over 1600wrms, and no cap. I sort of ran into your problem. It was a shorted wire. If you ever plan on buying a cap in the future, don't. you can save a lot more money by just upgrading your battery, and alternator cables, to a higher gauge.

Ren

Last edited by dbzjr; 11/26/03 09:22 PM.

Remember this is why we're at war! I'm now officially a troll! 2004 Saturn ION QC with Sport Package AIM/AOL: animusshinigami

Link Copied to Clipboard