Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
A novice question for sure. I wanted to change my PCV seeing as I had passed the 130K+ mark and spent quite a bit of time looking for it but failed miserably.
I found an illustration on the internet but I am having trouble finding where it references since the drawing is relatively crude.
I have a 99 SVT Contour. Can someone describe where I can find it?

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
It is about 3-4 inches almost directly below the throtle body, it sits in a tube about 3/4 an inch and it has a couple hoses conecting to it.

-Jeff-

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
If you are looking to the Air Cleaner from your driver's side it is located to the right of the air inlet. Kind of hidden under the Throttle Body. You will recognise it because is connected on an elbow like rubber pipe and you should see Motorcraft on the valve it self (if it is stock).

If you still don't find it, post again. I can give you more detailed directions. I had a hard time finding it also, despite the good efforts of people on the board.

Pablo Quintana 98 SE Sport Contour Honduras, Central America
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
It's sort of suspended by the different hoses that attach to it. The first time I looked for it, I kept looking on the engine, because that's where I've found them on other cars.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I just changed mine for the first time. 1st get a new one. 2nd keep in mind what those guys said. 3rd Ford makes theirs out of cheesy black plastic, mine broke pulling it out. And 4th be careful of the 2 hoses connected to the top of the thing, one is ridged and snaps off easily. My advice would be to take the air filter housing off to make for space.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by brainiac:
Ford makes theirs out of cheesy black plastic, mine broke pulling it out. And 4th be careful of the 2 hoses connected to the top of the thing, one is ridged and snaps off easily. My advice would be to take the air filter housing off to make for space.

The Motorcraft PCV valve is plastic, but it is the most accurate and dependable one available.

The large vacuum hose to the intake should be replaced. The small one can be shortened a little or replaced if necessary.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Link Copied to Clipboard