Next Thread
Print Thread
#67391 07/30/02 12:55 PM
S
steener Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Anyone ever experience this?

After a long (200 miles) run on the expressway yesterday, with the a/c running, I'm making a fairly hard right on the off-ramp, and I feel something funny on the toes of my right foot. I reach down, and they are a bit wet...two or three drops of cold water have fallen on them during the hard right turn.

This happened again while making another hard right a couple of hours later.

I assume it's a bit of condensation dripping from the heater-a/c hoses under the dash, and then it runs across and drips on my foot during the right turn. Is it worth telling the dealer about this (still under warranty), or "do they all do that?"

Craig
99SVT black/tan
2725 of 2760
M
M
I cannot say for sure on contours, but on a Ford car my wife used to drive the drain hose for the A/C got plugged/kinked in some way so the condensation would build up inside and when you turned it would overflow into the floorboard. I don't there is anything that should have condensation on it under the dash that is not covered in some way to catch the water. JUST AN IDEA.

B
B
Although the drain does not seem to plug nearly as easy as the 89 to 97 T-bird, it soes sometimes happen. When it does, water can drip on the passenger side carpet. On T-birds, it often spilled onto the driver's foot as well, so I guess it could happen on a Contour.

The drain hole is a little hard to find. It does not have a duckbill rubber flap like many others cars do. It is just a hole in the firewall. It is roughly a 1/4" in diameter and on my car can be found directly above the front of the main cat in the firewall where the firewall is nearly vertical. It is also in an area that has some silver colored heat shield insulation attached to the body. The hole can usually be cleaned from underneath with a bent coathanger. Don't get carried away and poke anything through too far or you could do some damage inside. About 1/2" or so penetration is all that is needed.

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
S
steener Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ah...as always, thanks for the benefit of your experience.

cheers!

Craig
99SVT black/tan
2725 of 2760
E
E
The car's finished, Craig.

I'll give you 500 bucks and a pack of smokes for it! laugh laugh laugh

1998 EO SVT, silver frost, stock
2002 Ashcroft Homes Albany model, that's why the SVT is stock!
R
R
Right on eh!

95 Contour LX
Approximately 120,000miles
2.5 MTX
Red
S
steener Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ray-

If I thought you were good for the smokes, let alone the 500 bucks, I might take you up on that.

laugh

Craig
99SVT black/tan
2725 of 2760
E
E
Well, good to know you're still alive, Craig!

Maybe you accidentally kicked a hole through the floorboards with your wooden shoes??

I've spent well over 1K in the past weeks doing some maintenance work to the car...Sigh...Campbell Ford as always is trying to part me with as much of my money as they can...

1998 EO SVT, silver frost, stock
2002 Ashcroft Homes Albany model, that's why the SVT is stock!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard