Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66975 07/24/02 09:49 AM
J
jesseix Offline OP
OP Offline
J
After being pulled over by the wonderful Irvine police tonite, I was reminded that all cars should have a front license plate, and that not having one only draws more police attention blah blah blah.... :rolleyes:
So anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to best mount a front license plate on an SVT, since the bumper doesn't really permit one very easily. I'm not gonna do it now, but if I get hassled for it again I'd like to have suggestions to work with.... thanx

'98 SVT
E0's with Yoko's
B&M
K&N
and a hot blonde ridin' shotgun
N
N
There should be 3 small dimples in your bumper where the fasteners go for the stock Ford plate holder. You have to drill them and pop in the fasteners (available from Ford). Unfortunately, they front plate holders look like crap on the cars but I suppose the law is the law.

Good luck

Norman
Montreal Canada
1998 LX V6 ATX
Leather
Moon Roof
CD
PW PL AC Cruise RKE
V
V
Man! Hold off on permanently mounting the front plate holder. You will "ruin" the front bumper and it will look like S#!T. Try to mount the plate holder with something secure but temporary and easily removed. I would try taping it there, get the ticket cleared, then removing it. Try not to damage the bumper. I don't run a front plate here in California and it is required. I've been pulled over twice in my CSVT and no mention of my missing front plate ever came up. I was speeding and got warnings only both times.

1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver Frost Metallic/Midnight Blue - 64K miles.
V
V
More than likely the cop will take a look at your car from a window or doorway (while eating a donut) just to see if the plate holder is in place. They will figure you would not be there if it were not.......right? Piece of cake and you will save your front bumper! Good luck Dood! laugh

1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver Frost Metallic/Midnight Blue - 64K miles.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard