Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
After reading so many posts of blown duratecs I was just wondering if any them that did fail had Mobil 1 synthetic in them. My '95 only has 58,000 miles and I need to hold on to it for at least another year. I have used Mobil 1 synthetic in it since about 20,000 miles. I am getting a little nervous now after reading all of the posts of failed duratecs.

Let me know if your failed duratec used Mobil 1 synthetic.

On a better note...who here has high mileage duartecs still going strong? How many miles?

Thanks

'95 Ford Contour SE ATX...primarily the wife's car
'86 Ford Mustang LX notch 5.0 5-speed...12 second project
P
P
Mine ran Mobil 1 its whole life (86k). Didn't have a DMD on it though. New motor has Mobil 1 AND a DMD. I certainly don't think the oil killed it.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
T
T
I've been using 5W30 synthetic (what ever is on sale) since about 40K and now have over 120K miles. Engine is still running smooth and strong. (For an ATX frown )

Scott
95 SE-2.5L ATX (120K+ miles & many mods)
T
T
I've been running Mobil 1 since the car hit 6K and I now have 32K on my 2000 CSVT. Also I switched the MTX over to Mobil 1 at 6K and since then have changed it again at 27K, preventive maintence is the rule of thumb wink

Roger R
SVT/SHO Society SE MI rep
2000 CSVT #1253 of 2150
silver frost/midnight blue
2-8" dark blue racing stripes
Mequiars...simply the best!
"...and number 5, now this is the most important Rat, when it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin 4"
USMondeo@aol.com
T
T
Synth oil,dino oil or 'snake oil'..will not save the bottom end if its going to go,but I will add that all of the CDW27 prototypes we built all had Mobil 1 in them when it was estabished that the oil temps were high... wink

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
D
D
Too many people believe that synthetic oil will be some miracle cure with dramatic performance improvements.
As good as it is, it will not prevent destruction from abuse. However, over the long haul, it will exhibit benefits unobtainable from crude based lube oils.

Dan B.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard