#780260 10/25/03 11:57 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Eli:

xbox 9.4 million systems
ps2 40 million systems
gamecube i dont have exact numbers on but i think around 15 mil?

Not that this really matters, but according to Forbes.com, the North American market share for the consoles as of last may is as follows: (direct quotes)

"Xbox remains a distant second behind PS2. Through May, according to data from NPDFunworld, the PS2 had a U.S. installed base of 17.7 million units.

The console market has largely become a two-horse race for share, with Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s GameCube underperforming all expectations and lagging behind the Xbox and PS2 in most markets.

Since the November 2001 launch of Xbox, Microsoft said it has sold 9.4 million units worldwide, and by June 2004 it said it expects that number to rise to between 14.5 million and 16 million units. The total units sold during fiscal 2003 was 5.5 million.

The majority of the installed base to date, 6.2 million units, is in North America."

-Jeff -"Buck Futter!!" My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
#780261 10/25/03 01:30 PM
O
OSU Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
[censored] the numbers. xbox is a better system. xbox comes with a hard drive and the ability to hook up 4 controllers. none of this multitap [censored]. you can listen to your OWN music when you're playing some games due to the fact that you can rip mp3's to your hd. you can also use it as a jukebox if you so wished. i know that ps2 does have some better games, but gta is now coming xbox's way, and it already has one of the best shooters of all time (halo), with halo 2 on the way. i also don't know about ps2 on this one, but with xbox, you can hook two or more systems together. for xbox, you only need one cable for two systems, and multi systems can be done with a router and some cat5 cable. you can get pretty much every sports game for xbox also. i don't understand why ps2 sells so many more units. must be gt3, or rpg's, or something.

latest mod: SVT speakers
#780262 10/25/03 01:35 PM
O
OSU Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by JLab:
(P.S. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I didn't really like Halo all that much. Probably one of the most overrated games ever.)

ya damn right you're gonna get flamed. halo is one of the best 1st person shooters ever. the fact that you don't like it is beyond my comprehension.

latest mod: SVT speakers
#780263 10/25/03 01:50 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Jason43:
Originally posted by ASSVT:
Originally posted by bkent:
Greatone I care immensly. You see for about 10 years I've been heavy into PC gaming. I play counterstrike, bf1942, Quake 3, etc lots. As this has been the only way I game for so long, I need to make sure I get the best graphics, sound, and games possible to keep me entertained.

Thanks for the attempted thread crapping though.

PS2. The graphics on xbox are NOT that much better. As far as sound goes with a decent reciever it will split the sound coming from the optical hook-up into virtual surround sound. Which works pretty damn good. I play SOCOM on-line and I can tell where someones coming or shooting from in any direction. Also as far as game libraries go xbox will never come close to the amount of games ps2 has.

HORSESH1T!!!!!!
Have you ever compared the two on a HD tv. I have. There is no comparison, the Xbox is far superior.ALL games are in progressive scan and many are in true 1080i! Plus the built in hardrive is great. The ONLY plus that the PS2 has over the Xbox is the library. But as stated it is gaining.

Yes, I have. But, most people still don't have hdtv's. Also, the xbox library is not gaining much at all. Right now there are very few games on xbox that are really good. (Halo,Project Gotham series,and soon Halo 2)
I will agree that the ability to store music on the hard drive is nice.
As far as cheaters in the online enviroment the new ps2 games are now using a different system in which cheating is greatly reduced. (there are cheaters on xbox live too.)
I'm just giving my personel opinion and that is that if buying 1 console I would buy the ps2. But since I have both it is not really an issue for me.
Now everyone just calm down. After all its only a game.....system.

#780264 10/25/03 02:00 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by beatmoonlight98:
[censored] the numbers. xbox is a better system. xbox comes with a hard drive and the ability to hook up 4 controllers. none of this multitap [censored]. you can listen to your OWN music when you're playing some games due to the fact that you can rip mp3's to your hd. you can also use it as a jukebox if you so wished. i know that ps2 does have some better games, but gta is now coming xbox's way, and it already has one of the best shooters of all time (halo), with halo 2 on the way. i also don't know about ps2 on this one, but with xbox, you can hook two or more systems together. for xbox, you only need one cable for two systems, and multi systems can be done with a router and some cat5 cable. you can get pretty much every sports game for xbox also. i don't understand why ps2 sells so many more units. must be gt3, or rpg's, or something.

Someone needs to switch to decaf. Oh and you might want to remove your lips from microsofts azz.j/k lol.

#780265 10/25/03 03:12 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by beatmoonlight98:
. you can listen to your OWN music when you're playing some games due to the fact that you can rip mp3's to your hd. you can also use it as a jukebox if you so wished.

i also don't know about ps2 on this one, but with xbox, you can hook two or more systems together. for xbox, you only need one cable for two systems, and multi systems can be done with a router and some cat5 cable.

i don't understand why ps2 sells so many more units. must be gt3, or rpg's, or something.

first, ok you can put music on your hd wow. I can use my computer which has more space on it to listen to music while i play.

second, its called i.link ever heard of it?

third, Oh you mean GOOD games

1997 mystique gs ATX (It is no more) i dont care how many stewardesses you've bagged your still a lousy pilot (if you know what show that is from i owe you a cookie) "When there is no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth"
#780266 10/25/03 06:36 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by J-Lab:
Originally posted by Eli:

xbox 9.4 million systems
ps2 40 million systems
gamecube i dont have exact numbers on but i think around 15 mil?

Not that this really matters, but according to Forbes.com, the North American market share for the consoles as of last may is as follows: (direct quotes)

"Xbox remains a distant second behind PS2. Through May, according to data from NPDFunworld, the PS2 had a U.S. installed base of 17.7 million units.

The console market has largely become a two-horse race for share, with Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s GameCube underperforming all expectations and lagging behind the Xbox and PS2 in most markets.

Since the November 2001 launch of Xbox, Microsoft said it has sold 9.4 million units worldwide, and by June 2004 it said it expects that number to rise to between 14.5 million and 16 million units. The total units sold during fiscal 2003 was 5.5 million.

The majority of the installed base to date, 6.2 million units, is in North America."

my numbers (40 million) was world wide, which i think makes more sense to use since most games are released world wide.

halo is decent, but gets boring after about an hour or so. maybe its one of the best fps on a console, but halflife kicks the [censored] out of it hands down.

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
#780267 10/25/03 07:30 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Get the system that plays Metroid Prime...

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
#780268 10/26/03 01:11 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Just a note... Half Life 2 is due out on X-box sometime next year. I doubt that PS2 could run that...

-Jeff -"Buck Futter!!" My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
#780269 10/26/03 01:47 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by joe:
Get the system that plays Metroid Prime...

Dude you have to play Rebel Strike. The Speeder bike level is simply the awesomest thing I've ever seen. And the two player race through the forest is friggen intense!

Then there's the race down the death star trench. With the A-Wing when you hit the thrusters you are going so fast it's dizzying... I gotta get a gamecube...

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard