Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Sometime next year Im thinking of having a Duratec 2.5 engine put in my Contour. I can get a used one at a junk yard with low miles for about 5 or 600.00 but would not be able to install it but have a guy here in town that will do the work for me. Would I need any other parts when doing an engine swap, Im assuming since I have a zetec now that I will have to have a new computer, but are there any other parts I would need besides the complete engine? Im not looking at doing this till about May of next year. My tour is getting alot of miles on it, it still runs good but I want more power.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
As long as you are going through the motions, get a 3.0L hybrid dropped in ... no much more work. Also, regardless of final engine choice, you will need a new tranny as the 2.5L/3.0L bolt pattern is different than the Zetec.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Considering the prices of some of the 2.5 Contiques I've seen lately, you might be able to buy another car with a V-6 for about the same price as the parts/labor of an engine swap. No hassles.

I got a 99 in February for $4750. I've seen 98s & 99s for under $4000 with less than 70,000 on the odo, some as low as $2000 with more mileage. Sell your Ztec to the right person before/after and you should be ahead of the game - big time.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Your Kidding, I thought the tranny cd4e was the same on both Zetec and Duratec. If thats the case Im just gonna buy a new Contour with a 2.5 l 5 speed..

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
You'll also have to swap in a different subframe.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard