Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#775820 10/19/03 07:42 PM
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
hey, I´m wondering if eventually my heater core is leaking cuz i keep losing refrigerator coolant and can´t see any obvious leaks; when i turn on the heater i can smell refrigerator coolant.
when i park it downhill i see water running out from underneath; i checked the floor inside the car, but it seems to be dry; is there eventually a drain hole that prevents water that comes from a faulty heater core to enter the pasenger room (there´s a lil´hole beneath the lines that feed the heater core with water that could do exactly this).

I was wondering if I should try to fix the system with something like Aluma Seal.

thanx, any input is welcome

btw,i don´t have A/C

#775821 10/20/03 06:02 AM
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
I am also leaking coolant. Checking under the car after being parked for a while, I get 2 small water puddles. They are located around the back side of the engine and about 2 feet apart on the floor....Any suggestions as to the source of these leaks? Car is Ztec contour

#775822 10/20/03 12:34 PM
P
P
I had this problem on my 95. The heater core is in a plastic case with a small drain hole below the inlet and outlet lines. If the core leaks, any fluid lost will drain out the hole and be deposited on the ground directly under the firewall. It was not that difficult to replace the core. I did it in a few hours one Saturday afternoon on the driveway. I had to remove the center console and use a little persuasion to get the old one out. The new core cost $65, but the toughest part was finding it.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard