Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
does anybody knwo what these problems could be if so please hit me upp and give me sum ideas here i am gettin pretty ticked off lol well thanx to all of you who help me out

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Does the CEL stay on while the engine is running? If so, then get the code pulled and post it here. If the CEL only comes on after the engine has died, that's normal behavior. Under what circumstances does the car stall?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Could mean somebody pissed in your gas tank...that happened to me one time...call would run a bit, then stall...
After my second tank it cleared up.
Did you make anyone mad?

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
na it i just filled up today and it didnt go away and the car stalls usualy randomly and i have noticed the tach goes up and down then stalls i am thinkin its the iac ?

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I'm having stalling problem too will give it a shoot with a new ICA,ICA valve is not cheap hope it would solve the problem.BTW did anyone put in a new ICA valve and the stalling go away?

H
H
You can always try cleaning it before replacing it. Take it off and spray a little B12 in there, then reattach. If you're still having problems, try cleaning the EGR. If that fails, then start replacing parts.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
what is the ica

H
H
There's no such thing as an ICA. I think he's referring to the IAC.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
thats what i was thinkin i just wanted to make sure

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by hetfield:
If that fails, then start replacing parts.

Worst advice possible.

You have to approach troubleshooting with a plan. Just swapping parts out and hoping you get lucky might get you a job in the service departments of certain dealers, but it will more likely just waste your money if you are a D-I-Y-er.

If the CEL is on or has been on, there is information stored in the computer that will be useful in actually diagnosing the problem.

Trying to troubleshoot the problem without reading the codes will be about as usefull as pissing into the wind.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard