Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66017 07/12/02 04:51 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Yup, thats what it feels like. Heres the problem, whenever I run the car down to a 1/4 of a tank, and then floor it, it will get past 4k but then just stop. It feels like your hitting the rev limiter but your not. The car will be pulling hard then all the sudden it will stop and start jerking like there's no more fuel coming. I just let off the gas, and continue, and it never stalls. It happens the worst when your getting on it in 2nd because your really starting to haul @ss and all the sudden the car almost comes to a stop and it jerking horribly. So far, I haven't noticed the problem when I have a full tank of gas, it starts when I hit around 1/4 empty.

Ive tried a couple of fuel treatment additives thinking they don't work but I been told it could be the fuel pump float. So that really pissed me off because the whole unit isn't a cheap item, not to mention the install. And of course this starts happening when I hit 39k miles. What else is new, you know???

Anyone care to comment? Please...

And yes I did a full tune up at 30k, including the fuel filter.

Thanks

Kamil

99 SVT ~ "Black Beauty"
#2362 of 2760
DOB: 7/28/99

So far...
-20% tint w/ front tint strip
-Ding guards removed
-Fog light mod
-Alpine CDA-7875
-2 MTX T6000 12's
-MTX Thunder4202 amp
-FMS wires w/ Bosch +4's
-Mobil 1 ATX
T
T
I had the exact same problem with my '99 Cougar. They replaced the fuel tank and pump. This happened around 18k miles. Sorry.

Chris (AIM: "ToBeHuman")
Long Beach, CA, USA
Current Car: '99 Contour SE Sport V6, ATX, Deep Navy Blue Metallic (AKA Larin)
Previous Car: '94 Taurus SHO, MTX, Green (AKA Sydney)
Previous Car: '99 Cougar I4, MTX, Silver Frost (AKA Suzanna)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard