Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
has anyone had a problem with the 9mm ford racing wires. eveything is conected properly but im getting a very nasty misfire

1999 SVT black And a Blond Haired Blue eyes girlfriend. How can it get any better?
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
open your hood at night and look at the wiring and see if you got any sparks flying around.. if so then its the wires.. even as set of new wires can do this if mishandled when installing them....
did you use di-electric grease inside the boots???? if not then put some in...

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
This is a common problem with the Ford racing plugs. Common enough to keep me away from buying them. Do a search, there is plenty of info on this one.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I had mine for about 25 k and they were good untill about 2 weeks ago, now I get a misfire between 5-6k.

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
So other than magnacore wires... what is a good replacement, I feel my Ford racing wires might be misfiring too.. what are the symtoms whats a misfire sound like on our engines?

99 Cougar V6 Tourmaline Green: MTX, KKM, Borla Dual...
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Magnecor or keep it stock! Supposedly, from what Ford told me, the racing wires don't last very long (not as long as the stock 8MM). And on top of that, they will cause you to run rich somewhat. Don't even use +4's. The best set up is supposedly stock platinum plugs and 8MM stock wires. OEM I mean. Don't get them from Ford! Too high $$$ for nothing more than what you would get at O'Reilly's. I paid $30 for a set of plug wires there. 30K is regular wire replacement anyways. So my opinion is stay stock unless heavily modded, but in the end it's your decision! Good luck and CEG RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a D*CK SLAP IN THE FACE IS ALL I GET FOR STICKING MY NECK OUT FOR A FORD... PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
had mine on for about 2 weeks before they started miss firing. In the garbage they went.Bought Magnecors no problem so far

98 silverfrost svt 2002 Explore sport trac silver birch 2000 volvo s40 89 Izuzu I-Mark rs(handeling by lotus) what a joke
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Sometimes the FMS wires are hard to get on correctly. They feel like they are on but not. I use the back end of an extention and press down to make sure they are on.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:
has anyone had a problem with the 9mm ford racing wires. eveything is conected properly but im getting a very nasty misfire

Yes it has been posted numerous times before.

The FMS wires seem very prone to failure inside the spark plug boot.

Also they seem very prone to very early failure as well.

I personally recommend folks to steer clear of them myself.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard