Next Thread
Print Thread
#764415 10/05/03 05:15 PM
X
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
X
Hey. i was driving on the highway and the car got hard to change gears (i have a 5 speed V6) then i found that it was able to easily change gears if i rev matched pretty well. Im thinking it could be that the clutch isnt disengaging all of the way, but i really have no idea and im hoping someone here will know what is going on. Also i live in northeastern ohio and was wondering if anyone knew any good (cheap) tranny places where i could get this fixed, or if it would even be worth it at all considering the car is 8 years old now.

1995 Mercury Mystique GS V6 MTX Pioneer 6x8s in front, Pioneer 10's in back 1200 watts powering it all KKM intake SVT Exhaust Swapped out resonator for Glasspack Mobil 1 Brand New!! Giant scratch on front bumper and right side!! Yes!!!
#764416 10/06/03 08:55 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Hard to get into gear, hard to get out of gear or both? You gotta' give a litttle more info/ description of the
problems(s). How many miles on the car? Sounds like your synchros are shot. I had same problem last year. Had tranny rebuilt for a little over $1200. Replaced synchros, bearings, one shift fork, spider gears and had flywheel cut for that price. (I supplied new clutch.) Junkyard trannies are a crap shoot. You probably won't be able to know the actual milage, and even if low miles, you can't see inside to see what shape its in.

If you do get your trans rebuilt,(IMHO, the best option), make sure they check the spider gears. They are a weak point in the MTX75 transmission,especially if you drive in a "sprited" manner! Mine where just about to come apart. If they blow while you're driving, the bits and pieces can wreak major havoc to the other parts inside.

Former, now returned CEG'er! 95SE MTX, (AKA "The Road Rat"). Stock except for:TH fix, B.A.T. big brake kit, tranny cocktail and lots of re-insulated wiring! May yet be a 3.0! "Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does!"

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard